Mrv-can multiple TV's all watch the same stream

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmm be honest never have tried watching something I recorded on both of my Tv's but will try tonight and see what happens. :)

Ok PowerHouse1960 this morning I answered your question. My wife had recorded a movie so I started the moving on the HDDVR went to the other room that has a HD Receiver. Went to the play list choose the same movie started it. Both of them played the same movie so Yes you can watch something you recorded on 2 different TV's at the same time. I hope that answers your question. :)

Ok PowerHouse1960 this morning I answered your question. My wife had recorded a movie so I started the moving on the HDDVR went to the other room that has a HD Receiver. Went to the play list choose the same movie started it. Both of them played the same movie so Yes you can watch something you recorded on 2 different TV's at the same time. I hope that answers your question. :)

Do they both start at the beginning or does the second DVR start where the first DVR is?

Thanks that's what i wanted to know.

Do they both start at the beginning or does the second DVR start where the first DVR is?

My setup is I have one HDDVR the other receiver is a HD Receiver. I started the movie on the HDDVR first waited make sure the movie was playing so forth. Then went in the other room turned everything on went to the play list on the HD Receiver choose the same movie. Only difference from the HD Receiver was is was just a little behind from the other due to I started is a few minutes later. Now I did not try pausing one to see if it would effect the other but my guess would be it would not. Either way you can watch the same recording on 2 different tv's I hope that helps. :)

A dvr can play back anything locally, and ONE other dvr can play something from that same dvr with mrv. So its one local playback, one remote playback per dvr. Both are asynchronous playbacks, so if you're watching one and then start another, it starts at the beginning.

So you're limited to two tv's playing back the recording on one dvr, and one of those has to be the tv attached to the dvr with the recording on it.

If you have, say, four dvr's and recorded the same show on two of them, then the two with the recording could play it back locally while the other two dvr's could each play a remote/mrv show from the two with the recording on them, giving you four tv's with the same show on.

very cool :)

Yeah my second receiver is just a regular HD Receiver and it plays it back fine while the HDDVR plays the same thing with the MVR. Now I did not pause the movie on the HD Receiver to see if that would inter fer with the movie playing on the HDDVR but will trying that out tonight see what happens. My guess is that I can pause it in one room while it continues to play in the other but will try tonight and see what happens. But I do know that you can watch a recoreded movie on the HDDVR and watch the same recorded movie on the second HD Receiver at the sometime I have done that.

Last edited:
Pausing and playing on one unit wont affect playback on the other. If you pause on one and then go to the other and go into the playlist and pick 'resume', it'll pick back up from where the other unit paused, which is nice if you're changing rooms.

Yeah just now tested this and you have the option to Resume playback or start over. So I chose start over on the HDDVR started the movie from the beginning. Went to the other tv with the HD Receiver started the movie there as well. But this time I paused it and it did not effect the HD HDVR it kept play. So Yes you can go forward pause so forth on one TV without it effecting the other..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)