Do I need Internet for 4K RVU Ready TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep,

After ordering 4K VOD is cyclically in turn pushed down to the Genies from the satellite, not via the internet. Currently off D10 xpndr 10, on (hidden) channels 9930-9934.

Ch. 9930) Push Content - 4K 1 (D10 xpndr 10)
Ch. 9931) Push Content - 4K 2 (D10 xpndr 10)
Ch. 9932) Push Content - 4K 3 (D10 xpndr 10)
Ch. 9933) Push Content - 4K 4 (D10 xpndr 10)
Ch. 9934) Push Content - 4K 5 (D10 xpndr 10)

Don't know know if the internet is required when the C61K client is used or what purpose it serves outside of maybe sending the PPV info. when ordering via the remote if no phone line exists or can be used for it.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

4k vod comes off the satellite. The Internet is needed to make the rvu apps baked into samsung and lg tvs to function.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Is the internet that is needed for the Samsung RVU for updates to the app OR does the app need a constant internet connection? I may end up just getting the C61K since I don't have internet. Just making sure! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the internet that is needed for the Samsung RVU for updates to the app OR does the app need a constant internet connection? I may end up just getting the C61K since I don't have internet. Just making sure! :)

The Internet is needed for the rvu app to function. If you don't have internet, you need a c61k

Reactions: Jvfan57
Has the 24p limitation been addressed with a software update to enable C61K to display 60p ?

Still contemplating on which 65" 4K unit to buy. Any recommendations would be much appreciated! I would as indicated earlier, be using the C61K client.

So is the picture jittery at 24p vs 60p? Any reason why Directv is not addressing this issue?

No-one knows. But this is still all in testing, remember, not in full production, I'm sure DirecTV is addressing the issue but we'll have to wait and see.

How exactly does this bug manifest itself?

You mean if the C61K receives a native 4K signal at 60 fps it will only outlet it at 24 fps?

How exactly does this bug manifest itself?

You mean if the C61K receives a native 4K signal at 60 fps it will only outlet it at 24 fps?

People who are using RVU's are reporting 60 fps and those of us with a C61K are only seeing 24fps reported. At least that I do not know what frame rate the signal is being sent at.

is the difference noticeable on Live broadcasts?

I tried to do some testing in the office today and was able to view the input info of the c61 showing 24p, but was unable to figure out how to verify that the rvu was actually outputting 60p. I also didn't really notice much difference in pic quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts