OTHER Do I need to replace dish and LNB ?

ftaheaven

Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
Arizona USA
Hello group ! This is my very first post so please be patient and forgive me if I sound ignorant. I receive my channels off of G19 in Arizona. My FTA receiver went bad. I brought a tech who confirmed that all my wiring, LNB, dish etc are good. I need to replace the receiver. My question: if I buy another receiver, can I just plug it in and do the initial programming and all should work fine since the rest of my equipment is ok ? Or, do I need to buy a matching LNB and dish to work with the new receiver ? My receiver that went bad is a KBox the Pro Digy

Nope. Just need a new receiver and when you do the setup you'll have to input the right local oscillator frequency for your LNB. You'll have several choices. Some for that satellite would be 10750Mhz and some of the others I think [off top of head] are 10600/9750. Look on the lnb itself and it should tell you what the LO frequency is but if your existing lnb/dish/wiring checks out you just need the new receiver.

Welcome to Satelli;teGuys!

Should be a swap with correct settings in the new receiver.

Select G19 in the install menu, set the LNB LO frequency to match the existing LNB (Standard: 10750 or Universal: 9750/10600) then blind scan for channels.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys ftaheaven! Glad to have you on board. Hang around and join us.
Keep us updated on your progress also.
What new receiver are you getting or thinking of getting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts