Do I plan to get the Verizon iPhone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pick one

• I have an AT&T iphone and will switch to Verizon ASAP

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I have an iphone but will stay with AT&T

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • I will switch to Verizon iphone when iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Verizon now and will get the iphone4 when it comes out.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I am on Verizon now and wait until my contract allows or will wait until iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm on Verizon now and don't want any stinking iphone.

• I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will switch to Verizon to get the iphone ASAP.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will wait for the iphone5 to switch to Verizon.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I'm on another carrier besides Verizon and don't care about the iphone. Happy with what I have now.

• Total voters
Good, Bad, slow, fast all relative terms.

From what I've seen the Verizon 3G (EVDO) is typical at 350 - 500 kbps down
EVDO Rev A is typical at 850 kbps down
EVDO Rev B is typical at 1.45 Mbs down. ( I have rev B only on my 5Spot device) And, I've experienced peak speeds at 2.3 Mbs on Rev B

AT&T has this new form of 3G called HSPA+ which can do about 6-7 Mbs down and in some places even faster, but how consistent is it? The reliability is not near the consistency of Verizon's service from my findings. This is especially true for areas with rapidly changing population density. for example, the AT&T network was almost non existent during CES in Las Vegas but I had EVDO Rev B at 1.45 Mbps all week long. It's OK for AT&T to brag about their network being the fastest but I'd rather have a more modest speed that works everywhere, so reliable in fact that I just don't concern myself whether I'll have service or not.

From what I understand the Qualcomm 6600 chip in the iphone 4 is EVDO Rev A and B.

I rather have a faster speed that works in my area, where I spend over 90% of my time. I don't care what other areas get since it does not impact me in anyway. Those in the other areas should worry about what their area gets

I have a different perspective- It hasn't changed even though I travel less now. When at home I don't rely much on mobile internet speed as I use Comcast cable or connect my phone via wifi. When I travel, having wide spread 3G or now LTE speed soon is important because that is when the mobile speed plays a significant role.

After a couple months now of ipad use, I asked my wife how she likes her 5Spot for her ipad when she travels. I said, Do you use it or just connect using the hotel wifi all the time? She told me she uses the 5spot exclusively because it is easy to just turn it on and everything works anywhere right away. Most hotels have a gauntlet of advertising to jump through and then it's usually much slower than the 5Spot so I give up using the hotel wifi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)