Do I plan to get the Verizon iPhone?

Pick one

• I have an AT&T iphone and will switch to Verizon ASAP

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I have an iphone but will stay with AT&T

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • I will switch to Verizon iphone when iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Verizon now and will get the iphone4 when it comes out.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I am on Verizon now and wait until my contract allows or will wait until iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm on Verizon now and don't want any stinking iphone.

• I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will switch to Verizon to get the iphone ASAP.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will wait for the iphone5 to switch to Verizon.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I'm on another carrier besides Verizon and don't care about the iphone. Happy with what I have now.

• Total voters

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
This is a poll that covers just a few of the possible reasons for, or for not getting the iphone. If you have your own reason, don't tell me the poll is no good, just state your reason in the thread! :)

I'm eligible for a phone on Verizon. Current Voyager has a bad screen. Have an ipad with 3G where the dataplan could be eliminated and just use tethering to iphone. Verizon doesn't have same data limits. Seems pretty clear cut for me.

Nothing personally against an Iphone, they work well from when I have used them. However, I am more than happy with the android platform, and with my current provider, so I am staying put.

I got another year contract with AT&T. I will see then about swapping to Verizon. I'm not happy with AT&T right now. No signal at my home. Hopefully this will change if some defect to Verizon. Otherwise I'll be changing when my contract is up.

Quite happy with my 3GS & AT&T, thank you. Unlimited data plan. I won't be getting an iPhone 4, I'll wait for the next iteration, at least. If I moved to Verizon, I'd have to change the family plan, affecting 3 people, and perhaps getting less coverage where I need it.

I'm still in the stone age, I guess. I'm perfectly happy with my 7 y.o. LG "dumb" flip phone with AT&T family service (3 phones currently) and no data plan on that account. For "smart" stuff I have my iPad and $25 per month AT&T 3G plan. I don't see any reason to try and combine the 2, but perhaps if it makes economic sense I will. (One of those "round tuit" things - I just need to talk to an AT&T rep. - preferably across the counter - and ask what's available.) No contract with either, so I can consolidate or move if/when it makes sense.

So I don't see an iPhone with either service brand in my near future.

My daughter has Verizon with her phone (no data?) and in our neck of the woods her service is spotty whereas I have a strong signal on both of my devices. No knock on Verizon, it is what it is. YMMV

I also have a fairly strong position in AT&T - need to help my own cause...!!

I have nothing against Verizon, nor do I have any locality to ATT. I will stay with ATT because of my grandfathered PacBell cell plan and my grandfathered unlimited data plan. If I switch providers I will end up paying much more money for the same coverage.

Plus, even though Verizon may get better coverage in most areas, ATT gets a little better reception in my local area (where I spend 90% of the time).

I'm on another carrier besides Verizon and don't care about the iphone. Happy with what I have now.

I've got an old phone that works great on Sprint and Verizon doesnt work by the cabin so no thanks

IMNSHO WebOS is more elegant than Android and more open than apple. And on Verizon it's easy to run my Pre as afree and legal wifi hotspot. I'm not changing any time soon.

I never have, and never will own anything created by apple. I'm on Verizon currently, and love my Droid. You can have your iFail. I'm not a Google fanboy by any means, I know the android needs improvement. Heck, any Smartphone OS could be improved. However, Apple's practice of proprietary EVERYTHING rubs me the wrong way. That said, if you like your iFail, I won't bash you for it. (aside from calling it an iFail) I have several friends with iPhones and have even played around with one.

Been on Verizon for 9 years and wouldn't go back. ATT was terrible when I had them for each of the 10 years before that (to be fair it was several other companies during that time - BellSouth Mobility, Cingular, and at something before BellSouth). Service is crappy in 2 of the 3 main places I need to travel for work. I plan to get the iPhone when avai on Verizon as I can get a new phone every year (including droids and iphones) for free.

Don’t care about the iPhone one bit and will never understand what the deal is with them. I’m staying with Sprint and Android for the foreseeable future. Had it for 15 months and couldn’t wait to get rid of the damn thing. While AT&T has a less then desirable network, the network is irrelevant since I hated everything about the iPhone.

Don’t care about the iPhone one bit and will never understand what the deal is with them. I’m staying with Sprint and Android for the foreseeable future. Had it for 15 months and couldn’t wait to get rid of the damn thing. While AT&T has a less then desirable network, the network is irrelevant since I hated everything about the iPhone.
How about the fact that they are the best smart phone on ATT?

How about the fact that they are the best smart phone on ATT?

I don’t think it’s the best smartphone on AT&T, I think it’s one of the worst smartphones the planet has even seen regardless of carrier. But even with saying it’s the best, that's really not saying much. I mean AT&T has a collection of outdated Blackberries and 3 or 4 mediocre at best Android phones. If I absolutely had to be with AT&T I’d probably go with the HTC Aria despites it’s small screen size. I personally believe AT&T has been intentionally not releasing a few higher end Android phones to keep focus on their darling, the iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)