Do I/ will I ever need access to 110 & 119 Sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SFSatTech

Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
San Francisco
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Do I need a 5 sat lnb or can I just use a 3 sat lnb in my market? Will there ever be progrmaing in the future where I would need to see the 110 or 119 sats. My understanding is all my sd programing is on 101 sat and hd is on 99 & 103.

I'm going to be doing some rewiring in my home and am considering installing a swm lnb to make the wiring easier. If all I need now and in the future will be a 3lnb than that's what I'll get. But 'm also thinking of getting a 5 sat lnb and then I will have future proofed my set up.

Thanks!

I would stick with a 5, if no other factors.

Especially on west coast, seeing 119 should not be an issue (which is why some easterners, like me, go 3LNB).

all you need is the 3LNB

the HD on 110 is mirrored on 99/103 and unless you need Spanish channels, 119 is useless. The locals on there have also been mirrored on 99/103

The only reason you really need 119 is if you want Spanish or Chinese prog, although there are a couple free extra SD channels on 119, such as a couple free Spanish channels, as well as Hope Ch & Jewish TV. Otherwise, not necessary...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)