Do new Dish receivers have GPS built in ?

mikil321

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Hello! I am a subscriber to Dishnetwork and would like to ask this question? Does the new receivers that are maufactured have some sort of tracking device built in to them so dishnetwork now where you are at all times ? I have a motorhome and would like to bring my new receiver to Florida with me for five months but am afraid to do so seeing I hear of the dreaded Dishnetwor audit Nazis ??? I have read on the net and heard from a friend that these "audit Nazis" as everyone calls them harras people constantly about this.If this is the case I will have to find a new provider. Thanks much for your replies

Do it you will be fine. For the waver you need to buy a box and turn it on and off when not in use as they don’t want you moving leased gear around.

In one of the recent Charley chats top dog him self told everyone watching all you need to be take it from your home and getter done. With out disclosing the wavers and requirements,

I thought Dish had an RV exception for cases like this.

The RV exemption was so they could sell you distant networks without waivers (back when they sold distants) so you could get network programing in your RV.

you're fine taking it with you as long as you do the dish pointing yourself. Just don't expect to get a technician out there to work on it at any time unless you stop at a place with an Actual Physical Address and change the physical address on your account for the time you are there. I have never had anybody complain about problems with taking it along in their RV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)