do they make this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Louisville, KY Aera
Hi, Does anyone know if this exist and if so, where can i purchase one at. I am in need of a product that you can put on the end of a coxial cable tv cable and have it transmit, and then have another that you put by the tv and connect to the tv and then have the 2 units send wireless cable signals to each other and allow channel changing.
Thanks, If anyone knows of any other way to do this please comment also. Thanks

it's called a tone generator (toner) and can be had at many wholesale electrical houses.

Yes, They make wireless AV distribution but typically an RF remote control/extender is a seperate unit. Several companies make this equipment, I even saw a Linksys distribution unit the other day at CompUSA...of course YMMV on performance. Check Bestbuy, CircuitCity, RadioShack...

Jason

Well I don't know of a product that can send a cable signal wirelessly, but I do know of a work around with this product http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_003_010_011_000&product_id=15-2572 and a VCR that has an IR extender port. Here's what you'd do:

Plug the cable signal into the VCR.
Plug rca cables (yellow white red) from the output of the vcr to the input of the transmitter.
Plug a mini cord from the remote output of the VCR to the imput IR imput of the transmitter.

Plug the receiver using rca cables from the output to video inputs on your 2nd TV.

Yes BFG is correct, I do not know of any units with a built in tuner...though they my exist.

Jason

Funny, I just saw this exact thing a couple days ago, now to try to remember where...

One minute please while that record is accessed...

wow guys, thanks for the info, i thought of the vcr thing, but was just woundering if they made it were it just does cable since i dont want to but another vcr and the tv doesnt have rca jacks on it.

Take a look at Value Electronics' Accessories page. They have an RF Signal Distrobution System that even transmits the remote control signal.

tux if you could remember where you saw this at please let me know i would greatly appreciate it. I am in an apartment/dorm at college and we can not run coxial cable.

psb, on the product you linked to, can you change channels with it, i didnt see anywere were it said you could thanks for the help

Aha!

It was really making me mad, not remembering, but alas, here's what I saw:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1089891320402&productCategoryId=cat08059&type=product

It's rather mysterious, claiming multiple TVs can all view different channels, and it has some "cable TV on your computer via USB" claim as well...

Just in case the above link needs some session cookie, just search bestbuy.com (or google, or wherever) for AngelTrax.

But anyways, if you (or any of you) get this, let us know how it turns out!

psb, that's basically the same product as radio shack. You can't directly connect a cable signal to it and transmit it wirelessly, you'll need something like a VCR to get a single av output.

but what tux found is what will do something like that as a product all by itself.

thanks guys, tux that is exactly what i wanted, i dont know if i will purchase it or not, its over 100 bucks, if i find it cheaper somwere i might consider getting it. thanks again everyone

Yeah not exactly on a college budget. But if it does everything it claims and does it well, I say it sounds worth the price. :yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)