Do they train these technicians or what?

The world may never know, sounds like the Tootsie Pop phrase cause immediately after I scan my Wally reboots without a chance to save, scroll thru 'em or anything. What's up, I dunno. Tried two Wally's, the minute Dish has another Dongle in stock I'll exchange this one to see if it's defective but I'm leaning toward the software needing an update.
Not inclined to agree about the software...the same other Wally owners have, but I think you may be the first one to broach this subject. I do think you may have a defective dongle. Contact Dirt and discuss this with them and see what solution they come up with. They might just send you a new dongle to eliminate that variable. DIRT!!!

Reactions: Yragha
Here's a crazy thought. Maybe it is more commonplace to have that many stations available than I would think, but I wonder if its the sheer number of channels throwing a hiccup at it...like maybe there is some intentional (or unintentional) limit. Not sure how you would work around that though, it that were the case.

Dish like list limits in the form 10^x - 1, so maybe they have a 99 OTA channel limit. :)

My TV tuner by itself gets 111 so I have no idea where the extra 29 are coming from nor does it give me a chance to check. SCAN DONE... BOOM REBOOT. Argh!

I'll give it a whirl but I bet a pop up screen will prompt me to plug it back in or say it's been disconnected.

In that scenario, if you just disconnect the antenna from the adapter w/o unplugging the adapter from the Wally, the Wally should be none the wiser.

Unplug the antenna when you think it's about 1/2 thru. See if that acts different.

DRCars

That did it. Not sure what the OTA capacity is on Dish but I pulled the plug on my Rooftop after I knew it received analog 42 Digital 57.4 which is ME-TV down here. At that time it had scanned 120 instead of the normal 140 and to my surprise the Wally DID NOT reboot. Crazy as all get out, it worked. Shouldn't have to be that way. THANK YOU!

Reactions: DWS44
That did it. Not sure what the OTA capacity is on Dish but I pulled the plug on my Rooftop after I knew it received analog 42 Digital 57.4 which is ME-TV down here. At that time it had scanned 120 instead of the normal 140 and to my surprise the Wally DID NOT reboot. Crazy as all get out, it worked. Shouldn't have to be that way. THANK YOU!

Awesome...glad you got it to finally work! :D

Sorry you had that experience. I always check the dish for secure mounting, replace the LnB, and reflector/ kit if needed. Always replace the cable to the ground block/switch/hub/node. Proper loops and up to date fittings are installed.
I get paid by the job, but my name is attached to your account after I leave, and I take pride in my work. Every job looks like it's done for parents .
Pride and professionalism.
Good luck with the next guy.

J out of the Oregon Offices.

Cool! You're welcome.

DRCars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)