Do we get a whole new setup every two years?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdog73

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I had a technician here last week to realign my satellite. And he told every two years they would replace all of my equipment for free. I have never heard this to be the case before. I've heard you have to call and haggle when your contract is up. The way he made it sound is that the equipment replacement is automatic if requested after two years.
I still have a year on my contract. I got mover's deal last year March. They did offer me Genie for $99 and 49 set up fee when I set up this appointment, but I will wait another year if it's actually free then and what I have now works for me.
Does anyone know, is it true you can get all new equipment every two years? I'm sure it would come with a new contract if so.

Also I notice on my bill they have NFL ticket still listed for $0 cost. Are they going to charge me for next season without my request? Do I need to go cancel now before I am charged?

I do have the protection plan if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

that is only if you have the protection plan, here is email i recieved concerning it -

[FONT=&quot]Dear HARRY,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

We heard your feedback and have added several great new improvements to the DIRECTV PROTECTION PLAN as a result, including an equipment upgrade every two years at no additional cost beyond the monthly charge. (Offer requires a renewed 24-month agreement.)* Effective May 16, 2013, the DIRECTV PROTECTION PLAN will increase by $2 per month to $7.99.

We're sure you'll agree that it's a small price to pay for these great new benefits:* [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]NEW BENEFIT: Equipment upgrade every two years at no additional cost beyond the monthly charge.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]NEW BENEFIT: Unintentional and Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) of the DIRECTV System.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And of course, you'll continue to get:* [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]On-site repairs and the savings associated with replacing defective equipment.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Protection for every DIRECTV Receiver, remote, connection/switch, satellite antenna and wiring, plus dish antenna realignment.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]24-hour technical support, 7 days a week.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you would like more information about upgrading your equipment, please call us at 1-800-531-5000 on or after May 16, 2013 and reference "upgrade my equipment" in our automated phone system.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV and Asurion Service Plans, Inc., Your DIRECTV Plan provider [/FONT]

As for the Sunday Ticket, you have till the Opening Kick Off to cancel, but once the season starts, you pay for it ... it works that way with all the Sports Packages ...

Not sure about the 0 dollars part other than a place holder maybe ... Not sure how they can actually charge you a monthly fee when they dont know if your gonna want it the next year.

As for the Sunday Ticket, you have till the Opening Kick Off to cancel, but once the season starts, you pay for it ... it works that way with all the Sports Packages ...

Not sure about the 0 dollars part other than a place holder maybe ... Not sure how they can actually charge you a monthly fee when they dont know if your gonna want it the next year.

It unfortunately autorenews... You need to call to cancel it, the 0 is a placeholder, youll start to get the payment billed pre season so dont wait to long.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

that is only if you have the protection plan, here is email i recieved concerning it -

[FONT="]Dear HARRY,[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#58595B][FONT="]

We heard your feedback and have added several great new improvements to the DIRECTV PROTECTION PLAN as a result, including an equipment upgrade every two years at no additional cost beyond the monthly charge. (Offer requires a renewed 24-month agreement.)* Effective May 16, 2013, the DIRECTV PROTECTION PLAN will increase by $2 per month to $7.99.

We're sure you'll agree that it's a small price to pay for these great new benefits:* [/FONT]

• [FONT="]NEW BENEFIT: Equipment upgrade every two years at no additional cost beyond the monthly charge.[/FONT]
  • [FONT="]NEW BENEFIT: Unintentional and Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) of the DIRECTV System.[/FONT]
[FONT="]And of course, you'll continue to get:* [/FONT][/COLOR]

[LIST]
[*][FONT="]On-site repairs and the savings associated with replacing defective equipment.[/FONT]
[*][FONT="]Protection for every DIRECTV Receiver, remote, connection/switch, satellite antenna and wiring, plus dish antenna realignment.[/FONT]
[*][FONT="]24-hour technical support, 7 days a week.[/FONT]
[/LIST]
[FONT="]If you would like more information about upgrading your equipment, please call us at 1-800-531-5000 on or after May 16, 2013 and reference "upgrade my equipment" in our automated phone system.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV and Asurion Service Plans, Inc., Your DIRECTV Plan provider [/FONT]

That 2 year upgrade may or may not be "new" equipment. No one here has tried it and reported about it yet, anxious to know how it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts