Do you have FTA as your only TV entertainment souorce?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I voted multiple choice, C-band, Dishnet, Directv

OTA for locals and HD
FTA for fun
*C-band 4dtv for my main pleasure
*Dishnet for "Voom" and HD
*Directv for "Turner South" and Fox Sports South, although I have Total Choice and Starz, I never watch them
I also have quite a few DVD's, mostly old tv series

Al

We have:

(*) Dish Network (America's Everything Pack, I think + superstations / locals)

(*) FTA Ku-Band

(*) Off-the-Air Local Analog

(*) Off-the-Air Local Digital

(*) Distance off-the-air stations when conditions are up :)

Directv including locals for when the wife is here.
FTA C/KU, better know here as "Goofy TV" for when she isn't! Lucky for me she is here less and less!

I had c-band at one time, went to DTV , then I went to Dish. Now I am going to coolsat FTA.

I got rid of Dish as soon the FTA went up. My wife and I love The Tube and really don't see the need to pay for 150 or more channels. There's so much more to life than TV. My wife and I are talking and sharing more instead of being a couch potato couple. We also get the local stations via antennae. Plus, I love being able to watch the east coast networks (via the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico) three hours early especially since Dish just cut the east coast feeds on the west coast except for CBS. Getting rid of Dish was one of the best things I've done all year!

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Hey Jim,

What is the state of C Band subscription services these days? Is the price still cheaper than other services? They still offer ala carte?

I really don't pay much attention, my accountant takes of that stuff. I do know that stuff like the digitals are around a $100.00 a year, which isn't too bad. ESPN, ESPN2 used to be about $25 a year. I didn't buy a dish to get FTA, I bought it because the cable was so poor, so I don't mind paying.

sidekick said:
I got rid of Dish as soon the FTA went up. My wife and I love The Tube and really don't see the need to pay for 150 or more channels. There's so much more to life than TV. My wife and I are talking and sharing more instead of being a couch potato couple. We also get the local stations via antennae. Plus, I love being able to watch the east coast networks (via the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico) three hours early especially since Dish just cut the east coast feeds on the west coast except for CBS. Getting rid of Dish was one of the best things I've done all year!

I admire your attitude about TV! :)

Diamond Jim said:
I really don't pay much attention, my accountant takes of that stuff. I do know that stuff like the digitals are around a $100.00 a year, which isn't too bad. ESPN, ESPN2 used to be about $25 a year. I didn't buy a dish to get FTA, I bought it because the cable was so poor, so I don't mind paying.

Thanks Jim!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)