Do you mind if I vent for a minute? (Feel free to respond if you want)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Now maybe I should've put this in my "Thoughts to Ponder" thread but Im putting it here. The problem I have is what I think is the lack of history people know about sports. Now you must be saying "What do you mean"? Im going to explain in this little rant and see if you agree or disagree with me.
The problem I have is that I dont know why youtube takes videos down. Now, I wont talk about why they take tv shows etc. down because after all this is a sports forum. What I want to discuss is to why not so much youtube but all major sports have this need to hover like vultures on youtube and take whatever we enjoy or we think is classic down? I mean there are so many more important problems in the world and on a far less scale, sports, that a top priority should be to take youtube videos down? I think Ive vented about this in the past but it just bothers me. To me, all major sports should be embracing there history, not trying to take it down. I mean Im a Mets and Giants fan. Now, if I wanted to watch the Mets from 1986 or the Giants from 1986 (I picked 86 because they won the World Series and Super Bowl) I cant because the NFL or MLB or youtube or whoever will take it down. Now, I was 4 yrs.old at the time. I shouldnt be penalized because I was 4 yrs. old.
For those who say "Well, they do show classic games"? That is true. But look at how they show them. They cut out the opening theme or intro in general. They skip plays or innings and they only have a 2 hr. window. If a game originally went 3 hrs. how can get the full game in 2 hrs.? Not to mention those annoying crawlers at the bottom of the screen. I might be the only on the board whos pretty passionate about this but it just bothers me. I mean all major sports are sitting on gold mines where they could make even more $$$$. If you dont mind indulging me, heres what I think they should do. Lets start with:

MLB Network-They do the best job with classic games. They show a lot of old stuff and should be showing now with the season just about over.

NFL Network-Probably the most frustrating channel of all. Now based on past posts, you know how I feel about NFL Network. They show lack of classic games. Even there current programming is suspect. NFL Total Access and Around the League? Isnt that basically the samething? Thats on all day. And the games they do replay is 90 mins. A 3 hr. game condensed to 90 mins.? How can follow the flow of the game between showing the actual game, replays and post game press conferences during the game itself? Show classic games ASAP. The NFL isnt on poverty road. They can show the games if they want. Show classic games ASAP and show some love for NFL Films. You may remember I posted a thread about how poorly NFL Films was treated by NFL Network.

NBA TV- They show classic games which is good but instead of a 2hr. window, they can show the full games like I mentioned above. I mean if a game went 3 1/2 hrs., show the entire 3 1/2 game. NBA has some free time now because of the lockout.

NHL Network- Dont really watch NHL Network but from what I see, I think they do a good job showing classic games. I just would show the entire game. See ex. for NBA TV.

And finally... ESPN Classic- Obviously show classic games from start to finish and get rid of World Series of Poker, Bowling and whatever. Would I would show a new revamped "Up Close" which used to air on ESPN back in the day. A show called "Back in the Day" which according to Wikipedia, so take it for what its worth, aired on ESPN Classic. "ESPN Classic Remembers..." which is somewhat self explanatory. "2 Minute Drill" which was that game show which was hosted by Trey Wingo or Stuart Scott. 30 for 30, those excellent documentaries that have been airing. The Top 5 Reasons You Cant Blame..., etc. Hell, show old NFL Primetime, Baseball Tonight, SportsCenters. Make the channel worth watching. But if they want old bowling and old golf, create another channel. God knows, ESPN can do that. Put it on ESPN 15 or something.

Or leave well enough alone and leave youtube alone. Thanks for reading my rant. I know I went on a bit of a tangent but this bothers me. I just want people who follow sports to know there was sports after the year 2000. I just think the networks are leaving a lot of money on the table.

Thats true. I should explain that Im talking about when not only are they not available (legally) to purchase them and they take them off youtube. Thats the problem I have.

Look at NFL Network now. They used to show classic games during the regular season. EX. if the Packers vs. Bears, NFLN would show a classic Packers/Bears game. I will give them a little credit. I watched those "A Football Life" shows and they have been good. I thought that it was only a special on Bill Belicheck because that was the first one. But still, lack of classic games is terrible. There is no way that NFL Total Access and Around the League should be on all day. Its basically the same show. How much news can there be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)