Do you reset your Genie every few days? Client becomes unresponsive at times

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keekz804

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Earth
I am asking this question because my Client in one of my rooms has got the dreaded white/black screen a couple times, where it becomes unresponsive. It doesn't happen all the time like once every week or two. I have read on this a little bit and the only solution is to reset the main HR34 using the red button right? Any word on this being fixed with some upcoming fw update?

Is it generally a good idea to just reset the Genie every few days when not in use to prevent this from happening? It's annoying when it happens and you want to watch tv.

BTW I dont think this is a issue of it being defective or anything...when it works it works good also my Genie and Client were brand new out the box installed not long ago.

If the client that is having issues is connected to TV using HDMI cable try replacing it with the component cable to test it. Worth a shot. Or wait for software upgrades.

I have had the same issue. Rebooted twice in the last five weeks as well.

After the first time Directv advised me over the phone to reboot the system to correct the problem. That seems to be the only fix so far. I am hoping this gets corrected with a future update as well.

Other than this I am quite happy with the Service. Picture quality on every set looks great.

im resetting my genie 3 times a day because of white screen ,clients not responding ,audio dropouts,its getting old but i still like it better then dish network.

Yes, my recently-installed HR34 starts slowing down over time, then has trouble servicing the C31s, video stutters then the H34 locks up.

Mine doesn't do this multiple times per day, though. It *does* require yanking the plug on the HR34 for a few minutes rather than a simple push of the red button. The C31s don't need any attention: they work fine once the HR34 recovers.

My client is very slow. The info bar one day would not go away. Other then that my service is fine. The pic is amazing compared to what I had with cable.

Same here and I've only had Directv for a couple of weeks.

Tried numerous things like simply resetting the box twice as mentioned here.

Waiting for a software fix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.