Do yourself a favor...

wasch_24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
Nothern Virginia, D.C. Area
and don't look for issues that you don't currently see i.e. the documented microstutters. If you don't currently see them then ignorance is bliss. Don't look for them. Once you see them you will see them forever. Until I got bored yesterday and decided to fiddle with my system I had never noticed any kind of microstutters at all. In fact I was wondering if only certain STB's or TV's made them apparent. So as I'm tweaking this and trying out that I tune to CNN and stare at the ticker at the bottom. Fifteen seconds go by and I'm thinking, hmm I still don't see anything. I'm about to change the channel and th..there it was. I second guess my eyes and keep watching. about thirty seconds later th..there it is again. Wow, I think to my self, they do exist. Well great! Now I see them on every channel and during every show I tune to for more than thirty seconds....aaarrrggghhh!

If you don't see the microstutters then don't look for them! Hopefully these have truly been addressed in the new software. Lostcause would be able to tell us but I fear that they may still be there and I certainly don't want to expose him/her to them.

I noticed on TNT HD that when they echo what is showing on TNT there are a ton of stutters, but I think this is due to the TNT source that is scaling the original to 1080i.

And don't look for mosquito noise on EquatorHD either. I can't watch this channel it's so bad.

I'll take microstutters over video noise any day, at least the stutter only occurs every 30 seconds, the mosquito noise is all the time. It's so bad on the "Over" series, that even on my 27" Analog TV I could see it.

I saw "microstutters" before I read about it in the group or even heard the term. It's pretty obvious to me (it's not like rainbows on DLP where you have to move your eyes a certain way to see). But then, I have a 65" RPTV and sit only 7' away so problems are more transparent to me.

It actually doesn't bother me that much. I'd gladly put up with stutters if the picture were sharper and had more of the "wow" effect. Unfortunately, the stutters will probably get fixed but the soft picture is probably here to stay :(

I understand their different, TNT is dropping frames.

I completely agree about equator, really hard to watch.

I guess I'm unique to this whole thing. I've sat there at my TV and see the stutters. I notice the noise. But after years of bad cable PQ and snowy antenna reception, I'm used to ignoring PQ problems. Same thing with PQ issues on Voom SD channels. It's SD, so it all looks bad to me nowadays. I guess I just have good coping skills. It's probably a result of the emotional damage done by The Phantom Menace.

I notice the microstutters and hope they go away sometime, but they don't bother me yet.

I don't see *any* PQ issues. Downright fantabulous PQ here. Maybe it's my small set. Maybe I am still wowed by anything HD. I don't want to look for it, so don't tell me how. :shh

wasch_24 said:
and don't look for issues that you don't currently see i.e. the documented microstutters. If you don't currently see them then ignorance is bliss. Don't look for them. Once you see them you will see them forever. Until I got bored yesterday and decided to fiddle with my system I had never noticed any kind of microstutters at all. In fact I was wondering if only certain STB's or TV's made them apparent. So as I'm tweaking this and trying out that I tune to CNN and stare at the ticker at the bottom. Fifteen seconds go by and I'm thinking, hmm I still don't see anything. I'm about to change the channel and th..there it was. I second guess my eyes and keep watching. about thirty seconds later th..there it is again. Wow, I think to my self, they do exist. Well great! Now I see them on every channel and during every show I tune to for more than thirty seconds....aaarrrggghhh!

If you don't see the microstutters then don't look for them! Hopefully these have truly been addressed in the new software. Lostcause would be able to tell us but I fear that they may still be there and I certainly don't want to expose him/her to them.

hehe... take his advice everyone, please. ;)

GeneWildershair said:
hehe... take his advice everyone, please. ;)
Hi GeneWildersHair, I have to disagree even though you are kidding ;) , we need everyone to be able to see these glitches so there will be more complaints. The more, the merrier so we can get Voom off their behinds to fix these issues. I know, I know, they are supposedly "working" on it, but how long does it take? EquatorHD had been on the air now for 15 days and it occupies a channel that did not have this issue, so what's up with that? :confused:

This thread made me look for microstutters! A half hour looking at CNN and I didn't see it. Is it dependant on which output you are using? I'm using the Red, Blue, Green cords, is that Component? Anyway I don't see them and I searched for them :)

bryan27 said:
This thread made me look for microstutters! A half hour looking at CNN and I didn't see it. Is it dependant on which output you are using? I'm using the Red, Blue, Green cords, is that Component? Anyway I don't see them and I searched for them :)
Stop it...wait, maybe I should use reverse psychology...keep looking harder :)
I am hooked up over components and it's there...as the title states do your self a favor...ignorance is bliss.

bryan27 said:
Nope, it happens on all outputs, I can see it on my 13" monitor via composite (not component). :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts