Doctor Who

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The last one as well as the Rosa weren't bad. Helps that I love history and have usually enjoyed the historical episodes.

The rest of them though, were pretty weak, with the spider one being downright awful.

Doesn't help that this Doctor seems to be playing second fiddle. Grandpa seems to be the main mover of the episodes. Seems to be a case of weak casting of the main role, and not because it's a woman, just that it's a weak character.

The last one as well as the Rosa weren't bad. Helps that I love history and have usually enjoyed the historical episodes.

The rest of them though, were pretty weak, with the spider one being downright awful.
They replaced writers,producers and everything else...its going to take a bit...but I agree its getting better

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

They replaced writers,producers and everything else...its going to take a bit...but I agree its getting better
I wouldn't say better. More like very uneven.

My take on the episodes so far:

• The Woman Who Fell To Earth - Okay. Wish Gram's has lived and became part of the crew. Her and Graham were a great couple.
  • The Ghost Monument - meh, not awful, but not really good either
  • Rosa - great
  • Arachnids in the UK - Awful, just plain awful. Krell didn't really miss anything from his aborted DVR'ing
  • The Tsuranga Conundrum - okay, not great, but just okay. The Pting thing was just stupid though.
  • Demons in the Punjab - good

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Doesn't help that this Doctor seems to be playing second fiddle. Grandpa seems to be the main mover of the episodes.

You lost me on that comment. I don't see Graham doing any leading.

Last edited:
You lost me on that comment. I don't see Graham doing any leading.
It seems as more of the story prodding of the episode comes from him. The Doctor just really doesn't stand out in much of the episodes. It just seems to me that her presence is very muted.

It seems as more of the story prodding of the episode comes from him. The Doctor just really doesn't stand out in much of the episodes. It just seems to me that her presence is very muted.
Well when you from a cast of two to a cast of four, you can't help but get diluted. I don't think that was very wise of Chibnall.

Well when you from a cast of two to a cast of four, you can't help but get diluted. I don't think that was very wise of Chiniball.
The show has had large casts before. For most of the classic series, there were 2-3 companions. Wasn't an issue then. The 2 Bakers (Tom & Colin) and McCoy are the only ones who went with a single companion.

Wow, didn't see this coming so soon. I guess the poor reception to the current season really rattled the heads of the BBC.

Jodie Whittaker & Showrunner Exiting Doctor Who in 2019 According to Report

Jodie Whittaker & Showrunner Exiting Doctor Who in 2019 According to Report

Jodie Whittaker and showrunner Chris Chibnall may be leaving Doctor Who in 2019. The classic BBC show went through quite a lot of changes this year, as Whittaker was cast as the first female Doctor, and Chibnall stepped in as executive producer for season 11. Chibnall had previously written for older seasons of the show, starting with the episode titled "42" in season 3. Whittaker on the other hand, first started working on the show for season 11 in the episode "Twice Upon a Time".

While the eleventh season has gotten small criticisms, such as not including a Christmas Special and having the Doctor call her co-travelers "friends" rather than companions, the new season has been doing fantastic with fans and critics. Whittaker's first appearance as the Doctor set the record for being the most-watched modern debut of a Doctor, and has also been getting record-breaking reviews. Despite some people being concerned about the Doctor being a woman, the show has so far proven critics wrong and gone on to be a success. That being said, the success with Whittaker and Chibnall may not last long.

According to Comic Book, a report from the British sci-fi magazine Starburst is indicating that Chibnall will leave Doctor Who, since he doesn't like how the show is being run behind-the-scenes. The report also claims that if Chibnall departs from the series, Whittaker will go with him due to their prior working relationship on the program Broadchurch. The fansite Outpost Skaro is also reporting that Chibnall will only be working on a handful of episodes in season 12 if BBC is able to find another showrunner. While these reports aren't impossible to believe, they should be taken as rumors since Chibnall, Whittaker, and BBC have yet to comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts