DOD - needed feature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

michaelbudney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
So far I've been impressed with the DOD offering. One thing I think would be a help would be an option to "play when buffered" or "play immediately" in addition to add to queue. It seems to play SD DOD about as fast as I can press list and find the download.

I have slower internet and can't play anything until 15 mintues or so go by.

I don't think they'll change that since all you have to do is hit list then play :)

Yes, but that takes away slightly from the "On Demand" aspect. It was actually my 8 year old's recommendation.

What is your internet speed? I'm on 6Mbps which DTV seems to keep up with nicely. I used to have DirectTV DSL back many years ago.

It takes a few minutes on my xbox to start up a HD video from the Internet.

I'd be very happy with 6.

I have 1.5mbps, and it is spotty at that. I'm right on the edge of the DSL coverage, and there is no cable here (tv or internet)

Starting the download and hitting play anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes later does not remove or compromise the "On Demand" aspect (at least for me).

For me, I use it primarily to download kids content (Scooby Doo, Dora, etc) and those are all :30-minutes or less and download quite fast. Of course I am on a 16MBps Comcast feed.

When I have tried to download the few HD offerings, it worked okay. Definitely NOT like Comcast On Demand (don't have that service, but friends do), but it works for me when I am trying to find some obscure cartoon that may not play in regular circulation.

I am also on comcast high speed and I can start immediately after starting download. Just waiting for newer content.:)

My son was first introduced to VOD on someone else's comcast. That's why he made the comment it seemed odd you had to go to another menu screen to view. On a 6Mbps line though I can see that the download stream is faster than the live play, so immediate viewing is possible. However, the customer's Internet connection is outside of D's control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)