Does A Genie Client Have Pip?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McVey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
Does a genie client have the ability to use the pip feature? I currently have a genie and absolutely love pip and would be willing to sacrifice a couple of my hr24s for clients.

I don't think so. Someone with hands on knowledge will let you know soon.

If not then I need to add another Genie or 2. What's the chances I score 2 more genies? 10 year customer out of contract

Ya but can you access the pip feature from one of the genie clients?

If not then I need to add another Genie or 2. What's the chances I score 2 more genies? 10 year customer out of contract
Only one Genie per account, sorry. That may change in the future.

Only one Genie per account, sorry. That may change in the future.

Then they lose me as a good standing $200 a month customer. Pip is the #1 feature for me and other providers allows it on more then one tv

Then they lose me as a good standing $200 a month customer. Pip is the #1 feature for me and other providers allows it on more then one tv
If that's a must have for you then do what you have to. I don't think I've ever used pip when I had it available to me.

They will only give you the one free Genie, but I'm sure if you wanted to "buy" one from a seller that you could. I wouldn't think there is a reason that they wouldn't activate it on your account unless there is some technical issues that would prevent it.

They will only give you the one free Genie, but I'm sure if you wanted to "buy" one from a seller that you could. I wouldn't think there is a reason that they wouldn't activate it on your account unless there is some technical issues that would prevent it.

They won't activate a second Genie. They did early on, then they would deactivate one of them.

Unfortunately they are very strict on the one genie per account now. Even if you get them to activate it, there is some audit process or something that turns one of them off, at least that's what I've read. The odds of getting the second one activated is very slim as the computer should stop them from activating the second one, even if you bought it somewhere.

As of now swm16 aside it doesn't work from a technical pov due to how the clients react to a server. And they just won't allow multiple genies on one account. If you already have a swm16 all you can do is open a second account under a different phone number and subaddress. Although you would be paying two bills in this circumstance. PM me if you really want more information on this. But the short answer is they won't do it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

PIP is a old outdated somewhat feature, most TV's don't even have PIP anymore.

IF your TV has the feature you could use 2 D* recvrs to simulate the PIP.

Most TV's don't have PIP because most people watch TV through a set-top-box, so there was no point for the TV manufacturer to pay the cost to add that second OTA or CATV tuner. PIP is NOT obsolete. Only to those who've never cared for it. Lots of people I know LOVE it if the STB has the feature. In fact, PIP is something TiVo should have added a long time ago. Thank goodness for Genie and Hopper.

Most TV's don't have PIP because most people watch TV through a set-top-box, so there was no point for the TV manufacturer to pay the cost to add that second OTA or CATV tuner. PIP is NOT obsolete. Only to those who've never cared for it. Lots of people I know LOVE it if the STB has the feature. In fact, PIP is something TiVo should have added a long time ago. Thank goodness for Genie and Hopper.
I've had PIP on my TV's for a long time now, however, I never use it ...

If the majority of TV users are like me, theres no reason to have it in the sets any longer.

If the majority ARE using it, thats different.

I like to watch TV on a full 60" screen, not a small box inside of the 60", or even the side by side, that never looks right.

With thre Back button I can see the whole picture on 2 different channels, particularly with Double Play.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)