Does A Genie Client Have Pip?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
PIP is a old outdated somewhat feature, most TV's don't even have PIP anymore.
If DIRECTV doesn't widely feature it, it must be dead?

PIP is in no way outdated. With the number of channels that are available today, PIP is as important as ever. That TV's can't as easily generate their own signals (not being truly "cable ready" absent some manner of built-in decrypter) for PIP has made it a lot harder to implement, but not less important. If DIRECTV made it available in more situations, I bet you would see much more interest in PIP than 3D.

Many Smart TVs support PIP in one form or another. I think most of the Samsung Smart TVs support PIP.

I used to use PIP when I had my Samsung TV in the living room. I would watch a game on the TV and PIP an OTA game or something. I was excited to see the Genie have PIP, but the feature doesn't always work and when it does, the PIP window seems to be too long and stretched. The window is also way too big and not very customize-able. I am with Jimbo here - it's not valuable.

Since I do not have OTA in my bedroom where that TV is now and my newer, much nicer, bigger, PIP-less LG TV is in the living room. I see very few newer TVs with it.

I have PIP on a Samsung plasma TV which is for cable or OTA but don't have neither. But even with a Genie I don't use it much.

I was excited to see the Genie have PIP, but the feature doesn't always work and when it does, the PIP window seems to be too long and stretched. The window is also way too big and not very customize-able. I am with Jimbo here - it's not valuable.
DIRECTV's feeble implementation of PIP shouldn't relegate the concept to the island of misfit toys. That other carriers have implemented PIP successfully proves that the failure is with DIRECTV, not the feature.

DIRECTV's feeble implementation of PIP shouldn't relegate the concept to the island of misfit toys. That other carriers have implemented PIP successfully proves that the failure is with DIRECTV, not the feature.
Hmmm, the local Cable Company hasn't used / offered PIP in years.
Probably at least 15 years.

So you came here, not as a Directv subscriber, to whine about the fact that Directv doesn't have much support of pip? Who cares about that? Clearly not many since it's uncommon that anyone even asks about pip. Perhaps you can regale us with your knowledge of exactly which providers have pip.

Reactions: scoop8
Perhaps you can regale us with your knowledge of exactly which providers have pip.
Comcast offers PIP on a couple of different DVR platforms.

Time Warner Cable offers PIP (with dedicated buttons) on some units.

Cox has discontinued PIP support (although the Cisco hardware remains capable).

That DIRECTV decided to add it to the Genie must count for something.

So SOME of the companies offer SOME level of PIP. Gee, it must be very important to SOME people, like I said.

So SOME of the companies offer SOME level of PIP. Gee, it must be very important to SOME people, like I said.
My point is that if some people want it, they should be able to get it (especially since the Genie promised it).

If DIRECTV decided that NFLST and/or MLBEI was just too expensive, would you not remain a sports fan?

Another specious argument. Why should Directv, or any other company for that matter, cater to a small minority? Not every provider gives everything to every customer. Find one that gives you the most that you are willing to pay for.

Another specious argument. Why should Directv, or any other company for that matter, cater to a small minority? Not every provider gives everything to every customer. Find one that gives you the most that you are willing to pay for.
Who decided that those who want a good implementation of PIP are an in an insignificant minority? That DIRECTV added PIP as a feature suggests that that minority is worth pandering to at some level.

Directv decided it (remember we are talking about Directv here), but if they really thought it was that important they would have added it years ago.

There is too much "Extra stuff" on the receivers as it is. I would be fine with all of the extras gone (Except local weather on 361 and 362). I never use any of it and it all just slows everything down for no reason. The client is slow enough! It doesn't need PIP.

With all of the sports packages having game mixes and the sports mix channel i see no need for pip.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Directv decided it (remember we are talking about Directv here), but if they really thought it was that important they would have added it years ago.
That they're offering it now suggests that the apologist version of the story is not in line with DIRECTV's own statistics and values.

I don't apologize for anyone but myself. Perhaps you would like to rewrite your post without the linguistic gyrations.

Reactions: scoop8
My point is that if some people want it, they should be able to get it (especially since the Genie promised it).

If DIRECTV decided that NFLST and/or MLBEI was just too expensive, would you not remain a sports fan?
Where did Genie "Promise" it, I don't recall ever hearing anything about " See out PIP in the new Genie" promos.

You just pointed out a few posts back that some people have it and others don't, now your blaming D* ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)