Does any one have info on . . . .

newcomer1

Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
when local channels will be available in HD in Lubbock, Tx? No one at dish can tell me anything. Every person I talk to says "soon" but I have heard that since january?!?!?!? thanks

YAG - middle of next year.

If we get really lucky, the new satellite at 129 might get us HD locals by March on Western Arc.

Thanks Jim, I heard that with the digital stuff happening in Feb that it might speed up the process? any truth to that?

Also, I have heard that Fox might be available in HD as soon as december?

Where do you live?

All majors nets are now in HD OTA and soon we'll have CW and MYNetwork.

If they have carriage agreements with stations, they can put them up whenever they want and have the room.

In Lubbock. I know that I can set up a seperate antenna, but I need to be able to record stuff on my dvr bc I never watch anythink live.

I say get the primary channels for most people (90% or more) and then start worry about all the people that want CW and all them other channels later. I think it is more important for E* to say they have your locals covered...(NBC, CBS, ABC and FOX) at least one of each before they should start caring about CW, ind, and other multiple versions of the same affilate. Thats just my $.02 I would consider leaving E* for D* if they start adding a ton of CW's and ind HD before they add my locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)