Does anyone here know anything about this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scots

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I have a C61K in my living room attached to a Samsung 4K TV (UN65JS8500), and I get stuttering on the audio (and I occasionally notice a "stuttering" of the picture at the same time the sound stutters if I pay really close attention to it). I noticed it when they first hooked up the C61K a couple months ago, but it occurred so rarely that I didn't think much of it. Now it's gotten worse - to the point where it can be really annoying sometimes. This is only occurring on the TV with the C61K. I have an HR54 in the den and two H25s (one in each bedroom) that all work with zero sound/video problems. There was no stuttering in the living room with the old TV and an H25. There are zero problems with this TV when using other devices (Roku 4, blu-ray, etc) - so I'm assuming it's something going on with the C61K.

I Googled it, and the only thing I really found was on another site there's some mention that some DIRECTV employees are supposedly saying there's a known issue between the C61K and Samsung TVs which should get fixed with an update to the C61K and/or the Samsung TVs. Does anyone here know anything about issues between the C61K and Samsung TVs??

I have a c61 with a Sony 4K and get the same thing so I'm thinking it's gotta be a c61 software problem

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: scots
Yes, it's a widely-reported software issue.
However if you have a Samsung with their special interface box, there's a similar problem with that also, but not just with DirecTV.

Reactions: scots
My Samsung does have one of those interface boxes. There aren't any HDMI ports on the TV itself.

I've also noticed that the longer the TV stays on the worse the problem seems to get. When we first turn the TV on it's not too horrible, but then gets pretty bad by the time we turn things off to go to bed.

I've been dealing with the same issue for a while now. After several truck rolls and changing virtually every component from the hr54, c61, lines and LNB, the problem still exists. I also have a Samsung tv with a one connect box, but I recently swapped the receiver locations and the stuttering still persists on the c61k. I have had these receivers since before Christmas and don't recall having the issues back then. I agree it has to be software related.

I have a C61K in my living room attached to a Samsung 4K TV (UN65JS8500), and I get stuttering on the audio (and I occasionally notice a "stuttering" of the picture at the same time the sound stutters if I pay really close attention to it). I noticed it when they first hooked up the C61K a couple months ago, but it occurred so rarely that I didn't think much of it. Now it's gotten worse - to the point where it can be really annoying sometimes. This is only occurring on the TV with the C61K. I have an HR54 in the den and two H25s (one in each bedroom) that all work with zero sound/video problems. There was no stuttering in the living room with the old TV and an H25. There are zero problems with this TV when using other devices (Roku 4, blu-ray, etc) - so I'm assuming it's something going on with the C61K.

I Googled it, and the only thing I really found was on another site there's some mention that some DIRECTV employees are supposedly saying there's a known issue between the C61K and Samsung TVs which should get fixed with an update to the C61K and/or the Samsung TVs. Does anyone here know anything about issues between the C61K and Samsung TVs??
Smart tv's can at times, depending upon the model, can play havoc with satellite systems....

I've been dealing with the same issue for a while now. After several truck rolls and changing virtually every component from the hr54, c61, lines and LNB, the problem still exists. I also have a Samsung tv with a one connect box, but I recently swapped the receiver locations and the stuttering still persists on the c61k. I have had these receivers since before Christmas and don't recall having the issues back then. I agree it has to be software related.
It's the C61K software. I',m not sure why DirecTV would do multiple truck rolls when it's a software issue.

Well I hope they release an update soon that fixes it, because it can be really annoying at times. Another thing I just realized is that it doesn't seem to occur with watching recordings on the C61K - only live TV.

they're still being installed, talked to an AT&T guy who pulled up across the street the other day.
Yes, they are still being installed, I have one in my truck as well, but I also have the newer ones (might be the 599, not 100 % sure as I don't do a whole lot of them).
We have been replacing them when we come across them IF the modem is the issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts