Does Anyone Know If.....................?????????????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
does anyone know if there are any good fta reciever boxes, that lets you put channels you recieve on the channel number you want them to be on?

for example, lets say you do a channel scan, and channel x happens to be on channel 142. Is there a box outhere that will let me put it on channel 1, 2, 3 etc???

The way my Coolsat works is that when a channel is scanned in it automatically gets two numbers, one for the particular satellite it is associated with and another number if you are viewing all satellites at once. So in the big list it might be 0142 and in the specific sat list it will be say 0008. Now if I add that channel to a favourites list, say 'News' and it is the first channel added to that list it gets yet another number, 0001.

So one way of getting a simpler number is to add it to a favourites list in a specific order. The second way is to use a channel editing programme such as Channel Master to manually play with the numbers and sorting, and then load the channel list back to the receiver.

That's just the way Coolsat does it, I am sure there will be alternatives on other boxes.

I've dealt mostly with Pansats and Coolsats and it's like colbec says above. I would add to that by saying there is an option in the Menu's to move a channel to pretty much anywhere you want it. Also, although I'm not one, many people use the Channel Master Loader program to sort there Channel Line-Up. Some receivers are not supported with this program, but most are. And some receivers offer there own Loader Program?

Al

I am a new (DUHHH...) user, and only use a Fortec Mercury II (from Glorystar) so far, but I used the Channel edit to move the ones I wanted to positions 1 thru 32 (not all Glorystar list) then let the other Glorystar channels (foreign language, etc.) be next and then the ones I was not sure If I wanted to keep, trail on to 240 +/-. I have gone back through and trimmed the list down some more and now only have about 160.... I can keep them in my order. I do not know if other receivers work the same. Since that is on 2 satellites, I imagine if I was motorized or when I have more dishes, I can do the same.

I think most boxes will do that. ANd you can move the channels to where you want to.

On my Coolsat 5000 I have them in order by satellite (E to W with one exception)
-G10 is first on the list
-Then PAS9 (58W)
-then AMC6 (72)
-SBS6 (74)
you get the jist. When I scan and find new channels they go to the end so when the feed is gone I can delete them rather qucikly. The ones I want to keep get moved to the end of their respective satellite in the channel list :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)