Does anyone make a receiver with...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WY3X

Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
South Carolina
I'm in the market for a new receiver with specific features.

1. DVB-S, DVB-S2, MPEG-4 support
2. Must have positioner controller WITH polarotor support
3. HDMI output that operates concurrently with composite outputs
4. AC-3 audio support

Does ANY manufacturer make such a beast? My current receiver, a BEC-6600+ P/CI doesn't do DVB-S2, and it looks like this is the current "wave of the future". Also, it would be nice to hook up to my Hi-Def TV with HDMI, but still feed my whole-house modulator for the rest of the TVs in the house. I don't want to dump my expensive Chaparral Co-Rotor II feedhorn with nice Norsat high-quality LNBs.

Thanks, -WY3X

an azbox will do all BUT #2...it supports MPEG4, DVB-S2 and regular DVB...also H.264. I have mine hooked up to HDMI to the TV and component for the HDD/DVD recorder and all HD recievers do AC-3 output even through the RCA cables

I dont think there is a unit out there that does all of that....closest thing is a azbox and a g-box (for #2)

Looks like you're right

Sadly, I have to admit that this one has me whipped. I have a BEC-6600+ P that will position the dish and polarotor (looks like I have a very rare bird on my hands), but it won't do DVB-S2/HD. I have another receiver that will do HD, but won't drive the dish or polarotor. I bought one of those dish controllers (Sadoun G-Box) that converts DiSeCq commands to operate the dish actuator, but discovered after it arrived that it won't do the polarotor. (I should've looked closer at the specs.) I can't use one receiver to position the dish and another to slave for output to the TV because it would confuse my wife. I did buy one of those "all-in-one" LNBFs, but I hate giving up my polarotor control. I guess I'll do without HD for now until all the SD channels dry up and go away, then very reluctantly switch to another receiver with the G-box and LNBFs instead of LNBs. This is SOOOOOOooooo frustrating!!! I don't know WHY in the heck the manufacturers didn't add polarotor control to the G-box!!! :rant:

two approaches:

There was a discussion a while back, and one member made a box to control his polarotor based on 13/18 volts on the LNB line.
I don't know the -general- consensus, but I decided there was no point in making a few of 'em for others.
Sadoun didn't follow through in adding it to the V3000 box, due to the general poor financial climate.

Alternately, you could get an inexpensive C-band only Ortho feed, and another nice LNB:
Thinking about orthomode feedhorns
If you need Ku too, then the feed is much more expensive.
However, once you decide to look for one, ya might find it used/cheap somewhere (I did).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)