Does D* audit accounts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msajeff

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Illinois
I was told by the billing department today that my account is a "train wreck". I'm curious if they ever audit accounts and adjust offers that have been put on the account.

We were able to get an HD-DVR for the cost of shipping a few weeks ago. They installed a refurb until and when I called to complain agreed to send out a new unit. They said the system would charge me as if it was new but that they would credit it completely back. We got our bill today and the credit hadn't been applied yet. After arguing with billing (who insisted on going back to an old offer they made of $99 with a $10 credit/12mo) I was sent back to retention who told me the credit was on there but was "on hold" which usually lasts 7 days. They went ahead and deactivated the refurb and activated the new receiver. I had to call back when the receiver was stuck on the authorization screen. Tech support said they would remove everything and put it back on. As of a few minutes ago here are the strange things I am seeing in my programming area:

• No Annual Commitment (I believe the new HR22 should have put me in one but who am I to argue?)
  • Protection Plan $0.00
  • Thank you for choosing DirecTV
  • I also had a $6 DVR credit for 6 months and $10 HD credit for 12 months on the account.

Do I have reason to be concerned?

I was told by the billing department today that my account is a "train wreck". I'm curious if they ever audit accounts and adjust offers that have been put on the account.

We were able to get an HD-DVR for the cost of shipping a few weeks ago. They installed a refurb until and when I called to complain agreed to send out a new unit. They said the system would charge me as if it was new but that they would credit it completely back. We got our bill today and the credit hadn't been applied yet. After arguing with billing (who insisted on going back to an old offer they made of $99 with a $10 credit/12mo) I was sent back to retention who told me the credit was on there but was "on hold" which usually lasts 7 days. They went ahead and deactivated the refurb and activated the new receiver. I had to call back when the receiver was stuck on the authorization screen. Tech support said they would remove everything and put it back on. As of a few minutes ago here are the strange things I am seeing in my programming area:

• No Annual Commitment (I believe the new HR22 should have put me in one but who am I to argue?)
  • Protection Plan $0.00
  • Thank you for choosing DirecTV
  • I also had a $6 DVR credit for 6 months and $10 HD credit for 12 months on the account.

Do I have reason to be concerned?

I don't know about that, but I do know that it can take some time for the correct information to show up online. I have heard of credits being changed/denied because of being incorrectly offered. You might want to give it some more time, but I would certainly watch it carefully.

I don't know about that, but I do know that it can take some time for the correct information to show up online. I have heard of credits being changed/denied because of being incorrectly offered. You might want to give it some more time, but I would certainly watch it carefully.

yeah i agree with raoul here. even if your account is fine,if you are getting monthly discounts or credits you should always monitor very carefully your monthly bill. give it time and look at it everyday. as far as auditing, i don't think D does that but if it has happened i'm sure someone will post it here.I was also this concerned when i first signed up with D. I must have called and emailed many times to confirm that these discount were going to be honored. so my suggestion is relax you'll be ok and keep an eye on it no matter what.

I third it:up

Best just to keep an eye and make sure everything is as it should be.

I also have not heard of them auditing anyone lately. I know E* does from time to time, and it would not suprise me if D* did also.

i have seen it take untill the next billing cycle for everything to be correct on the web site, i am pretty sure it is behind a month

From my understanding Directv does not have a location id to audit the account that way. I think the only way they do it is by seeing if the receivers are connected to a phone and if they call in or not if you have too many receivers on your account. I saw someone post online once that someone (maybe installer) was sent out (I think by Dish Network) to see if all receivers were at the home of the account. A lot of people will cancel their service if they were even accused of such a thing.

Also keep an eye on your account, as sometimes credits seem to not be given for various reason. I have an 11.00 dollar credit, that for some reason has not been provided, I have a call into a CSR, they reviewied and moved it to another "level" where I am to get a phone call within 72 hours??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)