Does D* offer an amplified OTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bshef

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
When I got my HD Tivo.....the service Tech brought out a Winegard OTA......Drilled holes in my fascia board to mount it and then couldn't get a signal......I made him take it down and I've kept this as trash behind my garage.

This past week another service tech was out to look at my multi-switch problem.......I told him about my OTA that D* brought out....He reported to me that they brought the wrong one (Non-amplified)....and that I should call back and request the amplified version.

I called Yesterday...... and after being in trasfer hell for 15minutes.....a rep came on and told me they don't offer an amplified OTA.

Anyone know differently?

TIA...
brad

D* sucks and I mean SUCKS when it comes to OTA's! In fact a lot of what D* is doing lately sucks, the CSR are &^%#@ the instalers are Hacks! Yes I know they are 3rd party but D* still has responsibility for these people! Hey but guess what if you are in 1 of 12 large markets you can wait and wait for some magical day when you will not need a OTA. I would not hold your breath!

the HD programming is a JOKE, get out! run and run fast, unless youre sticking around for ST. Oh thats a little extra now too!

ota

yes D* offers an amplified antenna. I have one that is receiving a signal from 45 miles to the nearest tower. The person from the previous post is obvilously an E* loser and just wants to bash D*. Actually I have been installing for 8 years and have installed for both E* and D* and can honestly say I have seen very few E* installs that were up to code. The simple truth is E* has always been 2nd best in the sat business and always will be. Not trying to bash E* or anything but facts are facts....

I'm no mr. goodwrench, but I managed to put my OTA up myself. You would be surprised at the deals you can get on good antennas from the sponsors of this site. Maybe give it a try. Nothing against using pros, just didn't want to wait at all.

well........I called csr a couple times hoping to find someone that tells me "YES" we do have an amplified OTA.........however.......No-one said yes.......

Then again.......the last one I spoke to gave me a $50 Credit for the regular Winegard they sold me that doesn't work!....

Anyone need a Winegard?.......completely new.....sitting out back of my garage!

Brad

You might want to give the non-amp antenna a second chance. Positioning and pointing one is almost an art. How far are you from the transmitting towers and are they all in the same general compass heading? What is between you and the towers (trees, hills, buildings)?
Amplified antennas can sometimes cause problems because they amplify both the signal and any interference. I had a customer with an indoor OTA that was connected to a Radio Shack amp and when I removed the amp, the signal quality went up slightly.

omg...there's still hope?......

I'm in huntington Beach, CA........2 story bldg with a clear site to the north.

Using Warner Ave as ground-zero, compass heading 341 degrees will get you KCBS, KNBC, KTTV, KABC and a bunch of others about 35 miles away. The Winegard should give you a pretty good shot at picking them up if you can get it high enough.
The key is a line of sight across 35 miles of SoCal landscape...
If you will pay my airfare, I'll be happy to fly out and set it up (my daughter lives out there.) :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)