Does Dish still charge for no pnone line?

kemo46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Texas
I have read several older posts about Dish Network charging customers if they do not have their receivers connected to a phone line. Is this still the case or have they entered the 21st century where most people do not have landlines?

Thanks

chainblu said:
I'd be willing to bet that people who are cell only are still the minority.

I think it varies by region. Back in the Midwest almost everyone I knew had a landline. When I moved to Phoenix, it was the exact opposite. Maybe 20% of people I know here have landlines. Might have something to do with all the new housing and new residents here. Back home, most of my acquaintances had lived in their homes for more than 10 years. When I moved, I never got around to getting a land line, and don't have a need to either.

This is where Dish still takes a step backwards with me. Customers are not treated equally. I refuse to give anyone access to my account to auto draft from it. I have been on paperless billing for years and I have bought all my equipment since day one some 9 or ten years ago, yet I am still being charged this fee on my primary 722 when new customers apparently are not and like other other customers that bought their equipment and are not being subsidized by Dish but are being charged the same ridiculous lease fee that non owned equipment customers pay for their subsidized equipment.

ok thats my rant for the month:rant:

I believe it was 2009 when the majority of homes were without landlines. It was something like 43% still had them. I think it was Fox or ABC reporting the information, you can google it and find it. The importanat number was the percentage of homes that were dropping them, it was huge. In my opinion, the number of homes that will have landlines in 5 years will be very small. With cell phones and VOIP, the fees for a landline just do not make sense. In some cases people must have a landline for business or if they have bad reception where they live.

I would like to hear from the installers of the percentage of people who they see that do and do not have landlines and their location because the regions do make a difference as someone earlier replied.

If someone is still getting charged the $5 TV2 connection fee, we can waive it if the customer adds autopay, paperless billing, and a valid email address.

Had a customer tell me they set up for auto pay but "wait until Dish goes to withdraw the money". I thought it was clever and stupid all at once.

If someone is still getting charged the $5 TV2 connection fee, we can waive it if the customer adds autopay, paperless billing, and a valid email address.

Now wait a minute. If they are not supposed to be charged, then why make them jump through the auto-pay/paperless hoop to get it removed???

Now wait a minute. If they are not supposed to be charged, then why make them jump through the auto-pay/paperless hoop to get it removed???
Yea I was wondering the same thing.

I think the satellite guys CSR is dead wrong on this.

This phone connect fee was dropped for everyone.

Unless Charlie is trying to reintroduce it, which wouldn't surprise me but I'm sure that hasn't happend.

Be Smart... Don't give anyone access to your bank accounts. The smart way is to set up your Dish auto pay through a credit card that gives you cash back. Now, you not only will save the fees from Dish Network, but also take a discount. Mine pays back 1%. It's not big but it is a way to reduce your bill just a little bit more.
Plus, there is a hidden bonus to doing this as it actively engages your personal line of credit and assuming you are a responsible payer of your bills, it will work toward increasing your FICO score. Over the long haul, a higher FICO score can and will reduce other costs such as car insurance and Home owners insurance.

I believe it was 2009 when the majority of homes were without landlines. It was something like 43% still had them. I think it was Fox or ABC reporting the information, you can google it and find it. The importanat number was the percentage of homes that were dropping them, it was huge. In my opinion, the number of homes that will have landlines in 5 years will be very small. With cell phones and VOIP, the fees for a landline just do not make sense. In some cases people must have a landline for business or if they have bad reception where they live.

I would like to hear from the installers of the percentage of people who they see that do and do not have landlines and their location because the regions do make a difference as someone earlier replied.
nope More Homes Seen Dumping Landlines - CBS News

Overall, 23 percent of U.S. homes have only cell phones, up from 11 percent in 2006

however if u were quoting the number of homes that just had landlines u might be correct

I somehow got on an AT&T survey panel. They inform you of ideas/plans for services, bundles, etc. Last month, it was about incorporating cordless home phones into the AT&T wireless network via a black transmitter box. You would keep your home phone #. Cost would be $9.99 per month. I think I would definitely consider dropping land line...which costs about $40.00 now. That's good thinking on their part.

We have hired four people in the last two years. None of them have landline phones at home. Two coworkers moved in the last two years. Neither of them had a landline phone installed in their new homes. Since Thanksgiving, we have only received about a dozen calls on our landline phone.

What's a land line? Must be some outdated old technology. Only place I use one is a biz where I do p/t bench tech work. BTW they use wireless 2 line phones that can be moved almost anywhere in their 1200 sq ft facility. They have to be plugged into a pwr supply to charge the batt over nite.

The $5 TV2 fee was NOT dropped if you never had a phoneline or ethernet connected to any receiver. It continues unless you go on autopay and paperless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)