Does Dish still charge for no pnone line?

Yea I was wondering the same thing.

I think the satellite guys CSR is dead wrong on this.

This phone connect fee was dropped for everyone.

Unless Charlie is trying to reintroduce it, which wouldn't surprise me but I'm sure that hasn't happend.

I'm not wrong. It was dropped for a large portion of customers, but for some it became a grandfathered fee.

I install in the midwest. I would say less than half of the customers have landlines. Really the only people that do are older and live in bad cell areas. The bundle deals have gotten a few people to add it back, untill they realize that they don't have to have the phone line to get the bundle then that is gone again.

You ore not limited to phone lines by land lines. There are several cell-phone interfaces that put a land line in your house by setting the cell in a cradle. That way Caller ID displays work and modems for faxing.

I had my receiver hooked up to a wireless bridge forever and never paid the $5 fee. The bridge stopped working and it was a few weeks before I had time to try and fix it. Wouldn't you know it, it was just before DISH was "dropping" the fee. It showed up on my next invoice and IIRC was still on there after that, even after I got the bridge working again.

Had to call to get it removed. DISH has a habit of these "grandfathered fees" which are bad business IMO. My mother paid lease fees on a single receiver for several years after DISH started including the first receiver with the programming fees. Got monthly credits after I talked to ER, but had to call again every year when the credits ran out. Said they couldn't remove the fee, it was tied to the receiver. DIRT was finally able to get the fee taken off (thanks Mary!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts