Does HBH-SA receiver have an ATSC tuner for antenna?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Backwoods KY

Original poster
May 8, 2009
KY
I have a few HBH-SA receivers and just bought a digital antenna. I was wondering if I could use these receivers to view the local digital broadcasts. In other words do these receivers have a digital tuner for the external antenna. Also, if I drop my DirecTV service can I still use the receivers with the antenna?

I have a few HBH-SA receivers and just bought a digital antenna. I was wondering if I could use these receivers to view the local digital broadcasts. In other words do these receivers have a digital tuner for the external antenna. Also, if I drop my DirecTV service can I still use the receivers with the antenna?

You should look for the LG 3200a or one of its clones, the Sony HD200 and HD300. They are very nice ota digital receivers and work without a Directv subscription.

Isn't the Hughes also an LG clone?
I'm not sure clone is the right word. The Sony and Hughes were built under contract by LG as are some new D* receivers. There were also some Zenith receivers built by LG but I believe LG now owns the Zenith Brand.:)

I'm not sure clone is the right word. The Sony and Hughes were built under contract by LG as are some new D* receivers. There were also some Zenith receivers built by LG but I believe LG now owns the Zenith Brand.:)

I am pretty sure the Sony HD200 and HD300 are virtually the same as the LG3200a. I know the HD200 is. I thought the Hughes was, but I never owned one of them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts