Does it bother you about the lack of programming on NFL Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I know you guys might not care but does it bother you about the lack of programming on NFL Network? Even when they do produce good shows, they run them into the ground to the point where you get sick of them. Ex. NFL Top 10, America's Game, The Top 100..., etc. Im only 29 yrs. old but Im sure some of you older guys on the board grew up with classic NFL Films, like Game of the Week and the old NFL Yearbook as well as old NFL games.

On another topic on here I talked about what niche channel do you like the best. If we are talking about lack of programming I think it would go to the NFL Network. To be fair, Im sure a lot of people think that the best niche channel is NFL Network because of how they cover the NFL Regular Season, the NFL Draft, the Combine etc. and if you feel that way you could obviously post it in that topic.

This topic is talking about the lack of programming on NFL Network because you would think with all the history the NFL has, you would think they would pay attention to it. It seems like there was no NFL before 2000 sometimes when you watch the NFL Network. The other day they had on Lost Treasures with the History of the AFL and it was fantastic even though it was from 1999. I would like to see some shows like that because I think its interesting. What can you talk about now except the lockout? If the NFL Network really wants to give us news, tell us when the lockout ends.
I just think compared to the MLB Network, which I've only had for, I think, 2 weeks, the MLB Network blows away NFL Network as far as programming goes.

Not really, this is the slowest time of the year for the NFL, with or without a lockout. It's still a growing channel, used to show a lot of classic games but they're on a 'Top n' kick and the ratings are probably going to ensure they do more of that.

Not that I watch much of it outside of the regular season, when it's coverage goes from ho-hum to unsurpassed.

Couldn't care less how it compares to it's MLB cousin, since the sport itself isn't even interesting to me outside of the final games of the World Series.

NFL Network broke faith with its subcribers when it bent over for the politicians and gave a game we had, to my way of seeing it, been paying for to free TV.

From a avid of both NFL and the NHL; the NHL Network IMHO is the best not only for the quality of the nightly NHL on FLY and the daily NHL Live shows, but because of the number of days and nights they have to produce original programing. NFL has 6 months of games, with the majority of them on 2 nights a week. The nhl has 9 months of game action which leads into new daily originally programing, plus all the extras such as classic games, player profiles, college championship games, junior championship games and international games. The MLB is a quality network too, but I could not live without the NHL Network, whereas there are many other venues that over cover the NFL and MLB. The NBA Network I have watched probably a total 30 minutes in the last year.

Thanks for the feedback!!! Another thing too is that your paying for a channel and they NFL Football Follies?? Who cares?? NFL Quarterback Challenge from 2000 whatever??? Who cares?? Thats what I mean. The NFL is the biggest sport in the world based on ratings, whether its The Super Bowl or the NFL Playoffs in general and we are stuck with Football Follies and some Quarterback Challenge. And oh yes, lets not forget the Dallas/Miami Cheerleaders. Hey, I like to look at pretty girls as much as the next guy but I HAVE NEVER watched it. I just dont see the point. Maybe its me.

Hey guys, I was wondering how would I be able to get an email that was sent to me on this thread. I'll make this story short. I follow Joe Browne who works for the NFL on Twitter. I asked him about the lack of NFL programming on NFL Network. He intern told me to send a email to Brian Rolapp who works in the NFL office. I got an email from him saying that he sent my request to Lawrence Randall who works in the programming department.

I got an email from Mr. Randall saying its hard to do programming as they have to serve sponsors, advertisers etc. and there is supposed to be great things coming in 2011. I dont know if you guys wanted to see the actual emails. Maybe you guys can read between the lines with the emails and see what they really mean. I mean at least they took the time to email me and it seems like they were personalized emails and not something they send to everyone.

Nope, don't really watch the channel when the NFL season isn't going.

Jack

Thanks for your note. We are always interested in hearing from fans. We have a group of people who work hard to program the NFL Network...I'm copying on this email one of them, Lawrence Randall who works in our programming department and can help you better than I with your questions.

Thanks again for your note Jack and thanks for watching

Brian

Jack,

Thanks for being a loyal viewer of NFL Network. We appreciate you tuning in and having such an excellent knowledge of our product. As you can imagine, scheduling a Network 24/7 is a delicate balancing act where we must serve many masters, including viewers, advertisers, League sponsors, etc. while attempting to maximize our ratings.

What you see on NFL Network is a programming mix designed to garner the best ratings possible while providing the most entertaining and informative content that our fans want. We have some great new things planned for the 2011 season and hope you will enjoy them and continue to watch NFL Network.

Thanks,

-Lawrence

First game is next Thursday on NFLNet BC at Montreal. Starts at 7:30 Eastern. Dish guide hasn't been updated yet with the game.

Article I read this morning said NFL Net would show 2 games a week from TSN with an option for more regular season games, the playoffs and Grey Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hmmm,
I would think the NFL would NOT show CFL games, although as you guys have pointed out, they did already last year.

Seeing the CFL games are NOT NFL games, you would think that they would NOT want to show them and promote another league.

I highly doubt that you would be able to see NFL games on a CFL network if there was one.

Aernt there copyright and laws that would prohibit the NFL from showing the. CFL games ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Hmmm,
I would think the NFL would NOT show CFL games, although as you guys have pointed out, they did already last year.

Seeing the CFL games are NOT NFL games, you wuld think that they would NOT want to show them and promote another league.

I highly doubt that you would be able to see NFL games on a CFL network if there was one.

Aernt there copyright and laws that would prohibit the NFL from showing the. CFL games ?

I'm sure they paid for the rights.

Hmmm,

Seeing the CFL games are NOT NFL games, you wuld think that they would NOT want to show them and promote another league.

They show Arena Football. The NFL & CFL have usually partnered with each other during the years. The NFL provided the CFL with a loan I forgot how many years ago. Anyway,with the CFL only having 8 teams,versus 32 for the NFL,I don't think the CFL is much of a threat to the NFL.

I was wondering if there was a partnership of something in that area where the NFL was helping the CFL.

I know that Canada also has the NFL Network(but the CFL games are blacked out because TSN has sole rights to the games in Canada) & their Satellite & Cable providers carry NFL Sunday Ticket. Also,they do have American networks broadcasting in Canada. As far as Canadian networks carrying the NFL,I don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)