Does Primestar dish have more rain fade?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laseradam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Goshen, OH
I have a primestar dish aimed at G10 and when it rains I get no signal. On clear day my Fortec meter reads 60- 70.

I have a BUD pointed at AMC3 and a 1 meter at AMC4. Neither is so subject to rain fade. Maybe water is getting in the texture surface of the of the Primestar and blocking the signal from reflecting off the mesh or whatever that is inside. What are you experiences with a primestar and rain fade?

I either have feeds or I don't when it rains here in So Cal. I notice know difference between the 2 Fortec meters, 6 PrimeStars or the DirecTV or Dish Network dish. Trees are a worse enemy to me than the rain assuming it ever rains again around here.

I have noticed the same phenomenon on my 40" primestar dish!

I used some Rain Shield on it but the texture defiantly does not facilitate the water running off!

I have found that my Primestar holds onto the signal on G10 longer than my 80cm Fortec. I was comparing just a week ago, and on 11720, I lost the signal on the 80cm long before the Primestar. I never lost the signal on the higher powered tp's on the Primestar, and the 80cm, the signal dropped alot - lost some others were still ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts