Does Size Really Matter? Needing Help Identifying This Local C - Band Dish Size

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BeltFanChris

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2015
Northwest Louisiana
Hey everyone, it's been a long time since my last post here on SatelliteGuys, I hope all is well with everybody. I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Also, I hope you all are staying safe and well during this Covid - 19 pandemic that we all our still suffering and dealing with

I put my search for a C - Band dish on the back burner for a long time because I'm still battling depression and trying to fix and repair the damage that Becky ( my Mom ) has done to my life, it's a long story

I've been getting that C - Band itch again, I'm hoping to make that dream of me finally owning after all these years a C - Band dish a reality within the next 6 months. Here locally in my area ( Shreveport / Bossier ), there isn't a lot of used dishes that I found so far. I've found 2 thus far. 1 of the used C - Band dishes I found, it looks to be around 7 to 8 ft. The C - Band dish I've attached pic's to, actually belongs to a former local C - Band dish installer / dealer that now sells and installs DIRECTV. I actually talk to this guy a few years ago, and he said he be willing to install a C - Band dish for me, I believe he quote me a price for install, which I'am cool with cause I got absolutely no mechanical skills, plus he is a former C - Band Installer and Dealer so he knows what he is doing

The purpose of this long post is, can anyone guesstimate / estimate the size of this C- Band dish I've included pic's of? This C - Band dish is actually right outside his store. I've not approach him or asked him yet if he would sell me or allow me to have it. I didn't want to throw the fishing line in the water, he bite, and tell me I could get it and I wasn't prepared to take off his hands. From my virgin C - Band eyes, I'm guessing this is a 10 ft. C - Band dish

Any help and / or tips is greatly appreciate

Attachments

• Bossier-City-Louisiana-Google-Maps.jpg
    Bossier-City-Louisiana-Google-Maps.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Consumer C - Band.jpg
    Consumer C - Band.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Consumer C - Band.png
    Consumer C - Band.png
    196.1 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Hard to say the size, as there's nothing really to judge it against. Though IMO, it looks like about an 8 foot dish to me, but it could be a 10. Personally, IF I was paying to have somebody install a dish, with all the new stuff coming up, I wouldn't bother putting one up less than 10 foot minimum. Those extra 2 feet REALLY makes a difference.

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since my last post here on SatelliteGuys, I hope all is well with everybody. I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Also, I hope you all are staying safe and well during this Covid - 19 pandemic that we all our still suffering and dealing with

I put my search for a C - Band dish on the back burner for a long time because I'm still battling depression and trying to fix and repair the damage that Becky ( my Mom ) has done to my life, it's a long story

I've been getting that C - Band itch again, I'm hoping to make that dream of me finally owning after all these years a C - Band dish a reality within the next 6 months. Here locally in my area ( Shreveport / Bossier ), there isn't a lot of used dishes that I found so far. I've found 2 thus far. 1 of the used C - Band dishes I found, it looks to be around 7 to 8 ft. The C - Band dish I've attached pic's to, actually belongs to a former local C - Band dish installer / dealer that now sells and installs DIRECTV. I actually talk to this guy a few years ago, and he said he be willing to install a C - Band dish for me, I believe he quote me a price for install, which I'am cool with cause I got absolutely no mechanical skills, plus he is a former C - Band Installer and Dealer so he knows what he is doing

The purpose of this long post is, can anyone guesstimate / estimate the size of this C- Band dish I've included pic's of? This C - Band dish is actually right outside his store. I've not approach him or asked him yet if he would sell me or allow me to have it. I didn't want to throw the fishing line in the water, he bite, and tell me I could get it and I wasn't prepared to take off his hands. From my virgin C - Band eyes, I'm guessing this is a 10 ft. C - Band dish

Any help and / or tips is greatly appreciate
It looks like a 10 footer to me judging by the photo ...

Looks like a 7.5' dish to me. All of the 7.5' dishes I've had the feedhorn supports attach to the rim of the dish like that. All of the 10' dishes I've had the supports are inboard of the rim by about 8-10" or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)