Does VOOM Offer A $5 "Vacation" package?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
With Dish, I can put my account to "sleep" for $5/month during Summer or other times if I will be busy or gone for an extended time period, does Voom offer this? I'm thinking of putting Voom to sleep till Fall since I rarely watch TV during Summer and it's killing me to pay $79/month for something I rarely use.

Thanks.

HI DarrelP,
I saw a post on the Yahoo group where a guy asked about suspending service for a while. Dragon Lady replied that Voom will do that if you own your equipment, but they do not have a program in place for suspending service on leased equipment.

Thanks, StoneMan, I guess I don't qualify then. I wouldn't mind continuing to pay the lease price during the suspended period, I wonder if they would consider that? I guess I'll call and find out.

I just called and they do have a Seasonal disconnect option on their computer screen but it is not functional at this time and he had no idea about lease vs owning the equipment. It looks like this will be implemented in the future but for now it is not an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)