Does Voom take suggestions? Wish List for Channel Addition

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does anyone know what the new stations will be?

I only count 75 SD stations. Am I to inferr that there might be 13 more stations coming soon?

Does anybody know definitively what new stations are being considered?

And, for my money, they can ditch the Tennis Channel and a couple of the more worthless HD channels (Inside VOOM) for HGTV, and CMT, and Fox News.

Are there plans for PPV? I hope not. I'd rather have that bandwidth for more stations.

I've been beating the HGTV drum for a while...hope it happens soon, before the $0 deal runs out.

Lob

I only count 75 SD stations. Am I to inferr that there might be 13 more stations coming soon?

I wouldn't necessarily say soon. But 88 is quoted as their maximum possible SD capacity until MPEG-4 (Sept/Oct). However, my understanding is that this 88 requires some encoding hardware and software upgrades, which could still be a few months off. Wilt said a few days ago there was no ETA from their vendor on these upgrades.

It's also possible they might try to fit 40 HD channels on the system (rather than the spec'd 39) and reduce the number of SD channels, or alternatively maintain/improve the SD quality they have now. Any further additions right now will come at the expense of quality for current channels.

No channel currently on VOOM is going to get ditched. Their own HDTV channels serve marketing purposes, and they've already signed carriage agreements with content providers for the SD channels now up.

Asked and Answered

Thanks for the explanation, Ken. That helps.

Gosh, I love this forum. It has been very helpful to a satellite newbie like myself.

1st let me say that I joined this forum just for the Voom descussion. Thanks for all of the help you have already provided

I know I may be in the minority but, to ensure a successful implementation of voom in my house, there needs to be one more kids channel for me.(i.e. Noggin or PBSKids). My 2 yr. old would have a fit if I cut him off.

mkwillia...I have a 2 year old as well and I tell ya' Voom does have lots of choices:
ABC Family
Nickelodeon
Disney Channel
Toon Disney
Boomerang
Animal Planet
and don't forget Animania in HD!

I get three PBS channels and Kids programming is in th morning. Is PBSKids a separate channel?

truqui said:
mkwillia...I have a 2 year old as well and I tell ya' Voom does have lots of choices:
ABC Family
Nickelodeon
Disney Channel
Toon Disney
Boomerang
Animal Planet
and don't forget Animania in HD!

I get three PBS channels and Kids programming is in th morning. Is PBSKids a separate channel?
PBSKids and Noggin are the two channels were they actually take care when scheduling programming AND advertising.
If you care about what your kids watch, spend some time with some of the channels listed above and look at the ads and promos they are sending. Not much thought there I tell you.

Posted by Gr8Reb8...
If you care about what your kids watch, spend some time with some of the channels listed above and look at the ads and promos they are sending. Not much thought there I tell you.

The way I read the post, I did not get the idea that mkwillia wasn't going to install Voom because of the negative ad or promos of those channels I mentioned. I was simply stating that there were kids channels on Voom and which ones they were. Why read more into it?

Yes, I do care about what my kids watch and that's why I mentioned the three PBS feeds I get plus I have Noggin on my digital cable. That's also why I asked about PBSKids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)