Does Voom take suggestions? Wish List for Channel Addition

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I wish VOOM had ESPN-HD...

I guess I will have to turn to E* to see these games.

3/3 National Basketball Association LA Lakers @ Houston 9:00
3/5 National Basketball Association Dallas @ San Antonio 8:00
3/6 College Basketball North Carolina @ Duke 9:00
3/10 College Basketball Big East Tournament 12:00
3/10 College Basketball Big East Tournament 2:00
3/10 College Basketball Big East Tournament 7:00
3/10 College Basketball Big East Tournament 9:00
3/11 College Basketball Big Ten Tournament 12:00
3/11 College Basketball Big Ten Tournament 2:00
3/11 College Basketball Big East Tournament 9:30
3/12 College Basketball Big Ten Tournament 12:00
3/12 College Basketball Big Ten Tournament 2:00
3/12 College Basketball Big East Tournament 7:00
3/12 College Basketball Big East Tournament 9:30
3/13 College Basketball Big East Tournament 8:00
3/14 College Basketball Big 12 Tournament 3:00
3/17 National Basketball Association Portland @ Indiana 7:00
3/19 National Basketball Association Houston @ Golden State 10:30
3/21 National Basketball Association Houston @ Sacramento 7:30
3/24 National Basketball Association Sacramento @ LA Lakers 10:30
3/25 National Hockey League Detroit @ Colorado 8:00
3/26 National Basketball Association Minnesota @ LA Lakers 10:30
3/27 NCAA Women's Basketball Championships East Regional Semifinal-Hartford, CT 12:00
3/27 NCAA Women's Basketball Championships East Regional Semifinal- Hartford, CT 2:30
3/29 NCAA Women's Basketball Championships East Regional Final- Hartford, CT 7:00

that would make my day!

ESPN HD and all the rest of the ESPN pack, not to mention YES Network for the STINKING YANKEES, and NESN for the beloved Red Sox. Sems sportfans will have to wait for VOOM to get on the stick for our needs/wants. Looks like I need two or three different providers for my taste.

I just talked to CSR at Voom and she said they are trying to get ESPNHD as soon as possible. She said it is the most requested channel they get.

pmalve said:
I just talked to CSR at Voom and she said they are trying to get ESPNHD as soon as possible. She said it is the most requested channel they get.

ESPN-HD is the difference between me keeping VOOM or not. They have until 4/30 to get VOOM or I am gone.

Has there been any rumors/speculation that this might be added? I would love to be able to drop my HD Pack on D*.

Would love to have INHD 1 & 2, also?

VOOM-great deal, but no HGTV

:mad:

I've been following VOOM for a few months now. My first reaction last fall was that the entry price was a serious barrier.
Now that it's been "fixed" with the lease option, I was all ready to pull the plug on my cable (Charter :neener ) but my wife is an HDTV addict, so until VOOM adds it, I'm stuck. I know...sounds silly, but hey, it is what it is, right? :)

In response to another post I read asking why other people want it to fail so badly, I've had several of these discussions over on the HDTV forum at the SPot...and yes, it's kind of surprising, but I think that part of it is that they want to justify what THEY'RE using...cuz they just don't want to admit that there might be something better out there.

Anyway...keep up the good work...this is a great site, very useful.

Lobstah

lobstah,

welcome. Stay tuned. There are more SD channels to be added. Don't know if HGTV will be one of them.

Is HGTV included in Charter's basic lineup? If it is you might just get basic from Charter and pickup VOOM too. I am thinking about doing this with E* since they have HGTV in their Top60.

My problem is that HGTV is only included in their "Extended" package, which is $50/mo. So if/when VOOM picks up HGTV, then it's a no-brainer.

Lob

Any place where it might say what channels there are looking to add. Once they get USA and SCI-Fi Im there.
John

jrv331 said:
Any place where it might say what channels there are looking to add. Once they get USA and SCI-Fi Im there.
John

All are speculations until we see a press release or the channels appear in the PG. Stay tune is the best I can tell you.

Sci-Fi and USA are owned by Universal aint they? Isnt Voom getting the Viacom channels whereas Dish may be losing them? How ironic.

A co-worker of mine is also being held up by his wife over this same issue. No HGTV, no Voom!

I thought I was the only one!!!

Lobstah said:
:mad:

I've been following VOOM for a few months now. My first reaction last fall was that the entry price was a serious barrier.
Now that it's been "fixed" with the lease option, I was all ready to pull the plug on my cable (Charter :neener ) but my wife is an HDTV addict, so until VOOM adds it, I'm stuck. I know...sounds silly, but hey, it is what it is, right? :)

I am in the exact situation. I am holding tight until; new lineups come up.

Get DISH Network for HGTV. Their Americas Top 60 package includes it.

Bill

I'm not going to pay for Dish, in addition to cable, in addition to VOOM. Buying Dish for HGTV is about the same as paying for cable, so doesn't really solve my problem. I'd really like to be down to just ONE service... lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)