Does your Directv DRV play Youtube videos?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcgrail0007

Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
St. Louis
I have two DRV's through Directv. They are the same model and were installed on the same day. One plays Youtube videos and the other one does not show the Youtube videos. The Youtube videos show up when doing a smart search. I think that my DRV's are model R22. I have had them for a couple of years.

Are both hooked up to the internet?

If so, then do this. Do a reboot of the "bad" receiver. When you see the 1st "welcome to Directv" screen press
02468 in that order

It will download the newest software out there.

I have two DRV's through Directv. They are the same model and were installed on the same day. One plays Youtube videos and the other one does not show the Youtube videos. The Youtube videos show up when doing a smart search. I think that my DRV's are model R22. I have had them for a couple of years.

There was a recent software update that allows the DVR to play YouTube videos. One of the receivers might not have received the update yet.

Stumbled across this thread...I did not know that. Wow! Have some YouTubes of my son at Penn State always downloaded to PS3 so i could see them on the Big Screen...Just did the search and...there we are!

Can you search for videos on the youtube feature? I cant figure out how to, if you can

Where is the youtube interface located? Is it somewhere in the menu options?

I'm looking at my receiver info and it says 0x454.

In the Smart Search feature, type in any search term.. the results that come will be anything that matches from the Guide, a Keyword search option, and a Youtube search option for the word you typed in.

In the Smart Search feature, type in any search term.. the results that come will be anything that matches from the Guide, a Keyword search option, and a Youtube search option for the word you typed in.

Ahhh. Thanks.

Are both hooked up to the internet?

If so, then do this. Do a reboot of the "bad" receiver. When you see the 1st "welcome to Directv" screen press
02468 in that order

It will download the newest software out there.

Thanks for the information. I did what you said and now both receivers work.

Youtube not working correctly after software download

Maybe its the receiver (HR22-100) but after getting the new software this morning, my videos won't play. The smart search finds the videos and I can see them listed. When I press play, it says please wait and never does anything. I have rebooted but nothing helps. It worked fine the day before the new software version came thru.

Anyone know the solution?

Lem52

ok so its not just me then

I just tried the same thing and has it freeze up. I didnt do a reboot but after 30 seconds or so it kicked me back to where I was. R22 too

Really????? Freaking YouTube? This what they are working on for our price increase after price increase?...this is a joke. Guess that open letter really did the trick ay?

yep thats why the prices went up :rolleyes:

yep the youtube function which has been in beta for a month or so is just a software tweak. Got a FTA receiver that does youtube too :)

Iceberg said:
yep thats why the prices went up :rolleyes:

yep the youtube function which has been in beta for a month or so is just a software tweak. Got a FTA receiver that does youtube too :)

Then it must be all the 3d that 1% of it's customers watch? Obviously I know that isn't why they raised the rates smart ass! Think you missed the point. As for YouTube I'll stick focusing my computer and iPad for that crap. My tv for what it's intended to be used for. how about catching up in the hd race?

Maybe its the receiver (HR22-100) but after getting the new software this morning, my videos won't play. The smart search finds the videos and I can see them listed. When I press play, it says please wait and never does anything. I have rebooted but nothing helps. It worked fine the day before the new software version came thru.

Anyone know the solution?

Lem52

Lem
I went in the menu settings under network and did the reconnect option. I knew I was connected properly as I had downloaded some VOD stuff before. Now it works fine on youtube.

I think the network connection between the router and the R22 needed a "kickstart" ;)

Lem
I went in the menu settings under network and did the reconnect option. I knew I was connected properly as I had downloaded some VOD stuff before. Now it works fine on youtube.

I think the network connection between the router and the R22 needed a "kickstart" ;)

I just tried what you said and that did it. Thanks for the help!

Lem52

I dont know why it had to be reset like that. Like I say I downloaded some VOD earlier yesterday then tried the youtube option and had the same error as you. I've had issues like that before where the connection was just "lost" and a refresh worked

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)