Does your Directv DRV play Youtube videos?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
Are both hooked up to the internet?

If so, then do this. Do a reboot of the "bad" receiver. When you see the 1st "welcome to Directv" screen press
02468 in that order

It will download the newest software out there.

Do you know what the current software should be for the HR24 to get this feature

Iceberg said:
Are both hooked up to the internet?

If so, then do this. Do a reboot of the "bad" receiver. When you see the 1st "welcome to Directv" screen press
02468 in that order

It will download the newest software out there.

I tried hitting the red button to restart but never saw a welcome to D screen. Is there suppose to be a different way to reboot to see this screen? I have a HR24-500

My HR 21 is hooked to the internet. I have TV apps working....Everything comes back "OK" when testing connection for internet.......It looks like I have the latest software version 0x457 2/23/2011 @ 3:26 am..........There is nothing related to youtube whatsoever in my smart search.

Even in Parental Controls there is no option to allow or disallow web videos.

I rebooted several times and never saw a "WELCOME to DIRECTV" screen

Last edited:
Just do a normal keyword search. As you get more specific, you'll see an option to do a keyword search for YouTube (maybe it's at the bottom of a long list of results for common words, I don't really remember). You can then get a list of matching videos and watch from there.

My HR 21 is hooked to the internet. I have TV apps working....Everything comes back "OK" when testing connection for internet.......It looks like I have the latest software version 0x457 2/23/2011 @ 3:26 am..........There is nothing related to youtube whatsoever in my smart search.

Even in Parental Controls there is no option to allow or disallow web videos.

I rebooted several times and never saw a "WELCOME to DIRECTV" screen

Same thing with mine, except I have the hr20. Everything seems up to date and seems like it should work, but nothing comes up. It's not just you.

Im still waiting on the software for the HR24 to be available in my area.

I read somewhere that some people have had to enter a code in the search screen to activate you tube after the software download but cant remember what it was.

Does anyone else remember where they can try that?

Actually, my youtube started working. Finally web videos showed up in parental controls (it wasn't there before)...........

It took a few hours to show up........But I think the problem lies within the router.......With my Belkin, I had to enter ports and change from TCP to UDP.......once I applied the settings to the router, then rebooted the receiver, it started working and the tv apps initializing error went away.........A few hours later, youtube showed up.

It works fine but I was hoping when I did a search for my user name it would pull up my favorites and or playlists.......

Say you have a playlist with 20 videos you want to watch.......Once the first vid is done, it automatically goes to the next one........But I don't think this works with the Youtube smart search .........I'm still playing around with it so I don't know

I see it has related videos to the latest Youtube video you watch but not Playlist.

My last update was 12/21 at 3:30am but it plays Youtube videos...sometimes lol.

I kept trying to use the Youtube search but it kept saying "No internet connection." So i ended up tricking it, I start downloading a show ex. Ricky Gervais Show on HBO On Demand and as it downloads that I do the youtube search and it finds what ever video I want.

Evey time on youtube I watch a 10 minute video of a TNA Xplosion wrestling match it works but when I watch a 45-55 minute WWE NXT wrestling episode sometimes it makes it 1/2 then says "no internet connection" but sometimes makes it all the way then says no internet connection.

I keep unpluging and pluging the DirecTV internet thing like *D told me to do but still has issues

Yes...............If you're watching, say pt 3 of a ten part video..........Once part 3 is done, click related videos and pt 4 will be there among others..........

The most shocking thing to me is how clear some of the videos are...........Not HD, but better than SD............It's so cool because there is SOOO much on Youtube......

I'm thrilled they added this and it really is working great .......Once I got it to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)