Does your HR24 get slower as the internal HDD is more full?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I've had my HR24 for about 3 months now and it seems to be a lot slower to respond, the only thing i can think of is that i am starting to get below 10% left on my internal HDD, or is there just something else wrong

I've had mine for 3 1/2 months and the response time from remote to receiver has slowed noticeably. It is also difficult to get a response on 3 digit channels as often one of the input digits often fails to register. Now I just flip to the guide and page down to the channel I want. I am down to about 21% on remaining room for recordings, but I don't know why that would slow everything else down, although that could be part of the problem...

If it is the fact the the Hard Drives are getting full, would getting an external drive with more capacity speed things up? Or is it the actual number of recordings and timers that slow it down, not the percentage of available space that makes a difference?

I've had both of my HR24's be 70% full and have notice no slowness.

i am beginning to think that the HDD availability has nothing to do with the HR24 slowing down, I wonder how many others are noticing a slow down too

i am beginning to think that the HDD availability has nothing to do with the HR24 slowing down, I wonder how many others are noticing a slow down too

Both of mine have between 80-90% available but both are significantly slower than when I first got them. I've also been noticing a more frequent need to reboot because things just stop working correctly.

My HR24-500 Slows dramatically as it gets beyond 2/3's full, and need to be rebooted often.

I've noticed my hr24-500 gets noticeably slower after around 60% full. A red button reset (front panel) helps, I do that about every two weeks. (I figure it's too many recorded soaps that slow it down, but I ain't gonna tell the wife that.....)

I was also having a slow & sometimes unresponsive remote (that came with the hr24), just for grins I changed the AA batteries (install was Jan 2011) and things are much better with the remote. Turns out the original batteries are just "heavy duty", they weren't even alkaline, guess that saves Direct some money putting the el cheapo batteries on a new install. I don't guess you get a "low battery warning" like you'd see with the Dish hd-dvr's?

I was also having a slow & sometimes unresponsive remote (that came with the hr24), just for grins I changed the AA batteries (install was Jan 2011) and things are much better with the remote. Turns out the original batteries are just "heavy duty", they weren't even alkaline, guess that saves Direct some money putting the el cheapo batteries on a new install. I don't guess you get a "low battery warning" like you'd see with the Dish hd-dvr's?
I guess you answered your own question. :eek:
guess that saves Direct some money
I guess the hand off god didn't touch the remotes.:eek::rolleyes:

I've noticed my hr24-500 gets noticeably slower after around 60% full. A red button reset (front panel) helps, I do that about every two weeks. (I figure it's too many recorded soaps that slow it down, but I ain't gonna tell the wife that.....)

I got a low battery warning about 2 months after I got my HR24. I had already experienced the slow and sometimes frozen response from the HR24 and I was hopeful that when I exchanged the cheap D* batteries for alkaline, I would get better response. Didn't happen...

I got a low battery warning about 2 months after I got my HR24. I had already experienced the slow and sometimes frozen response from the HR24 and I was hopeful that when I exchanged the cheap D* batteries for alkaline, I would get better response. Didn't happen...

Do you notice any improvement in the hr24 after a reboot? It's much more responsive, at least until the dvr starts getting full again.

When one of my HR24s started getting about 20% remaining I did notice some slow down and even reset it a few times trying to make it work faster... sometime the reset worked and sometimes it didn't. However, it's been quite a while since I've noticed it being very slow and also quite a while since I've felt the need to reset it. During this time it's been hovering around 20% remaining. I have been using the My Apps feature a whole lot less lately... maybe that is why it hasn't been slow.

My HR24 runs fine and I got it in August. I constantly erase programs. It is about 75% full. I don't have mrv.

Do you have mrv? Could mrv and a near full hd have something to do with the slowdown? What model HR24 do you have 100, 300, 500?

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys.

Last edited:
Uh, what's a "hand off god", not familiar with that terminology.

Then you haven't been around here long enough. Just listen to how some of the diehards/ blowhards talk about d-tv equipment. :eek::rolleyes:

happy-smiley-619.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)