Doing my part to advertise

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I tossed up a 20" dish 500 dish on a direct tv mount and LNB to mess around with circular stuff. I modified the logo saying no to pizza. :D What do you guys think.

DEDICATED TO REAL SATELLITE TV ONLY! :):)

Attachments

• NO TO PIZZA.jpg
    NO TO PIZZA.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 198
I think you're being too subtle.
If we're being humorous, then a big red circle with the diagonal stripe across it would be the international symbol for "No Pay TV". - :D

If we're being serious, then I have to agree with Toucan-Man.

However, much as another poster who lettered his dish with something like: "Bite Me, DirecTV", I don't think anyone really cares. :rolleyes:
(I ain't namin' no names, but we regulars remember a good picture!) - :D

Think you're missing a piece on your dish...hard to tell though if you have the I adapter or not from that angle for the correct focal point.

How can you possibly think of starting messing with "circular stuff"? I my view, you're infringing on DN Logo Copyright at the least. :)

Think you're missing a piece on your dish...hard to tell though if you have the I adapter or not from that angle for the correct focal point.
I don't recall circular being all that hard to get a signal... at least not on something like Dish Network.
I once handheld a DirecTV 18" dish to test a batch of circular LNBs.

And, my D500 is installed on a mount that's off plumb to the south, by about 20°.
Don't forget, to setup circular, those $10 meters really ARE about all ya need. - :D

I don't recall circular being all that hard to get a signal... at least not on something like Dish Network.
I once handheld a DirecTV 18" dish to test a batch of circular LNBs.

And, my D500 is installed on a mount that's off plumb to the south, by about 20°.
Don't forget, to setup circular, those $10 meters really ARE about all ya need. - :D

Depends on what you are hunting on circular sometimes though. Playing with a 300 on 77w a few min ago, most I could crank out was about 50% quality on a Fortec. Probably due to the powerful Nimiq5 on 72w.

it looks like a D500 pan on a D300 frame...looks like a "D" tube

It's a dish 500 20" pan on a hughes 18" direct tv mount, not sure what that dish was called. I got them both for nothing and they bolted right together. Now the question is what to use it for?

If we're being humorous, then a big red circle with the diagonal stripe across it would be the international symbol for "No Pay TV". - :D

If we're being serious, then I have to agree with Toucan-Man.

However, much as another poster who lettered his dish with something like: "Bite Me, DirecTV", I don't think anyone really cares. :rolleyes:
(I ain't namin' no names, but we regulars remember a good picture!) - :D

I would have done the red thing but didn't have any red paint. I figure if nothing else it's a conversation piece. Maybe I should have wrote something catchy like support legal FTA or painted a pizza on it cooking in an oven. :eek: :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts