Doing some work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat me. :D

I had to turn on my 1920x1080 font size up 250% for it to turn to dots. :D (I think part of the reason for that is because of the advanced search we added last week for Pub Members)

BTW I can't win... now that everything has been fixed just got a notice from Xenforo there is a new update to our forum software available.

As this is a maintenance release, the vast majority of the focus was an increase in stability.

However, we have improved our login brute force mitigation system to not only limit login attempts per user but to also place temporary blocks on entire IP addresses if they fail to login too many times.

This release also brings our use of the Facebook Open Graph API up to version 2.0. Although you will not see any noticeable difference, it does ensure that the Facebook integration will continue to work after they officially end support for version 1.x of the API. In addition to this mostly behind-the-scenes change, we have also removed the Facepile and Recommendations box from various templates as these Facebook plugins are now deprecated and due to stop working in June.

Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer. Our intention with XenForo 2.0 is to require PHP 5.4 or newer. If you are running PHP 5.3 or 5.2, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.

Some of the bugs fixed in 1.4.6 include:
  • Prevent double escaping of ampersands in image tags.
  • Add limits to the number of images being fetched by the image proxy simultaneously and add more strict limits to time outs and retrieval speed.
  • Allow a character set to be specified in the SMF importer.
  • Fix an off-by-one style error with the flood check that could allow multiple requests through in a 1 second window.
  • On the customized components page, only revert items matching the filter.
  • Remove deprecated Facebook social buttons and convert to use the HTML5-style versions.
  • Fix an issue where Chrome would not re-focus the editor properly when opening a menu.
  • In the editor, update the current button state using the browser APIs when backspacing.
  • Load external JS/CSS when opening the smilie menu.
  • When running the spam cleaner, stop redirecting when not checking IPs.
  • Dynamically change whether fixed overlays are used based on the overlay height (when loaded).
  • Properly number format user upgrade costs
See the Resolved Bug Reports forum for further information.

The following templates have had changes:
  • account_external_accounts
  • member_list
  • member_notable
  • member_warn
  • news_feed_page
  • news_feed_page_global
  • PAGE_CONTAINER
  • quick_navigation_menu
  • register_facebook
  • report_view
  • share_page
  • sidebar_share_page
Where necessary, the merge system within the "Outdated Templates" page should be used to integrate these changes.
I am holding off for a day or two before I apply it. :D

BTW I can't win... now that everything has been fixed just got a notice from Xenforo there is a new update to our forum software available.
To quote Nancy Reagan,,,just say NO :biggrin

I found my problem,it was the ad/tracking blocker,I know I'm bad.Using Ghostery,unblocked Google widgets and something or other,don't remember exactly what it said.

I finally logged in. Had to click on LOG IN and select "open in another tab/page" otherwise the LOG IN button just spins.

Do you have your text size turned up so you can only fit 8 words on the screen?

Probably yes. Getting old you know. :( I count 15 words in the offending menu without dots, and 12 with the dots. :mad: I'm counting two or three-word menu items as two or three words, and not one. If I count the two and three-word menu items as "one word", then I do indeed get 7 menu items with dots for Mark Forums Read.

Whoops...

I was working on a server at work via SSH and also had the SatelliteGuys server open in another SSH window. And needed to bring down the server at work and can you guess which server I took down instead. DOH!

What's kind of funny was yesterday was 365 days since the server was last rebooted.

Sorry for the downtime!

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
I was like before I freak out and call you, I'll wait a few minutes and see if you were working on something.

I was watching on the DRAC as it was taking forever to come up... but it was just doing a file system check and all was good...

Phew. :D

Reactions: KE4EST
Is it just me or is the search not working. I can't get the regular or the advance to work, just sits there with the moving bars in top right.

I was having similar problem as KRAVEN. Just got in by typing login to the end of address in address bar.

See :)
Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 8.52.45 PM.png

Reactions: KE4EST
Whoops...

I was working on a server at work via SSH and also had the SatelliteGuys server open in another SSH window. And needed to bring down the server at work and can you guess which server I took down instead. DOH!

What's kind of funny was yesterday was 365 days since the server was last rebooted.

Sorry for the downtime!
I wondered waht was going on, I clicked on a thread and got the error massage, thought, what the heck, was just reading on a page ...
Oh well, all up now ... :biggrin

Time to clear cache again I guess. :D

Indeed, I once typed rm in the wrong window. Only mistake I have ever made. :D

That's one of the reasons I have for Red or Orange backgrounds on the Production servers and green/neutral backgrounds on the test/development servers. I also have warning messages when I connect to my Cisco switches at work that warns me I'm in Privileged Mode when I connect to the remote console. It never hurts to remind myself to think twice...

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)