Dolan Responds

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
New York...11:49 pm EDT...April 9, 2005

Charles "Chuck" Dolan in an impromptu response to intrusive reporters inquiries while dining at the posh 55th Street Brasserie LCB restaurant, dining on his favorite Grand Marnier soufflé as dessert, following a scrumptious helping of sausage-dense cassoulet, indicated possible avenues of survival of the newly announced soon to be deceased VOOM satellite service.

Dolan, in response to a question about son, Jimmy, who openly challenged his father's intentions of keeping the VOOM venture open, despite monumental losses of revenue in the past year, responded "VOOM will continue operations until I wish it to stop, not one minute before. My son, sadly I admit, is a narrow minded inwardly focused soul, and though I love him to death, cannot possibly perceive one ounce of vision of the future when it comes to the subject of the televised cable or satellite media industry. I have a plan, no...make that several plans, to continue the VOOM product into the future, far beyond the so called death knoll date of April 30. Yes, I voted with the board but what they did not know or see is I actually had my fingers crossed underneath the boardroom table. I have not amassed a billion dollar fortune based on stupidity and short sightedness. VOOM will continue until the end of time or until I draw my last breath."

Unfortunately, at that exact moment, Dolan began to regurgitate part of his meals recently devoured appetizer, Moules Mariniere, and choked to death before emergency services arrived. Efforts to apply the Heimlich Maneuver failed to dislodge the rather large portion of clam that had blocked his air passage for as long as fifteen minutes.

When chef Jean-Jacques Rachou was informed of the unfortunate demise of Mr. Dolan, he immediately proposed the placement of a plaque outside the front door of the establishment, commemorating the vision and foresight of the now late, and forever great, Charles "Upchuck" Dolan.

ddlsmith said:
New York...11:49 pm EDT...April 9, 2005

Charles "Chuck" Dolan in an impromptu response to intrusive reporters inquiries while dining at the posh 55th Street Brasserie LCB restaurant, dining on his favorite Grand Marnier soufflé as dessert, following a scrumptious helping of sausage-dense cassoulet, indicated possible avenues of survival of the newly announced soon to be deceased VOOM satellite service.

Dolan, in response to a question about son, Jimmy, who openly challenged his father's intentions of keeping the VOOM venture open, despite monumental losses of revenue in the past year, responded "VOOM will continue operations until I wish it to stop, not one minute before. My son, sadly I admit, is a narrow minded inwardly focused soul, and though I love him to death, cannot possibly perceive one ounce of vision of the future when it comes to the subject of the televised cable or satellite media industry. I have a plan, no...make that several plans, to continue the VOOM product into the future, far beyond the so called death knoll date of April 30. Yes, I voted with the board but what they did not know or see is I actually had my fingers crossed underneath the boardroom table. I have not amassed a billion dollar fortune based on stupidity and short sightedness. VOOM will continue until the end of time or until I draw my last breath."

Unfortunately, at that exact moment, Dolan began to regurgitate part of his meals recently devoured appetizer, Moules Mariniere, and choked to death before emergency services arrived. Efforts to apply the Heimlich Maneuver failed to dislodge the rather large portion of clam that had blocked his air passage for as long as fifteen minutes.

When chef Jean-Jacques Rachou was informed of the unfortunate demise of Mr. Dolan, he immediately proposed the placement of a plaque outside the front door of the establishment, commemorating the vision and foresight of the now late, and forever great, Charles "Upchuck" Dolan.
Stupid post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)