Dolby Vison and Atmos Supported?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
Finally fully canceled my 22-year DirecTV subscription today due to antiquated equipment (had the free upgrade plan but did not want to sign for two more years) and their failure to keep up with technology (slow move to streaming box and no LLC to replace my bulky AM-21). In a gallant last effort, the CSR said DirecTV supported Dolby Vision and Atmos on their 4K channels.

Any truth to that?

Finally fully canceled my 22-year DirecTV subscription today due to antiquated equipment (had the free upgrade plan but did not want to sign for two more years) and their failure to keep up with technology (slow move to streaming box and no LLC to replace my bulky AM-21). In a gallant last effort, the CSR said DirecTV supported Dolby Vision and Atmos on their 4K channels.

Any truth to that?

Yes, the C61K which is the 4K client will output HDR and Atmos.

Any truth to that?

DIRECTV isn’t moving to a streaming box, they’re instead going to start pushing people to AT&T TV, their new streaming service. DTV will probably remain on satellite for the rest of its existence. The 4K channels are limited because no actual programmers want to launch 4K feeds, which results in no Dolby Vision, because AT&T isn’t going to pay for something they won’t use. Why are you so concerned about the streaming box? It’s basically the same old DIRECTV, just delivered via the Internet. Where are you going now?

DIRECTV isn’t moving to a streaming box, they’re instead going to start pushing people to AT&T TV, their new streaming service. DTV will probably remain on satellite for the rest of its existence. The 4K channels are limited because no actual programmers want to launch 4K feeds, which results in no Dolby Vision, because AT&T isn’t going to pay for something they won’t use. Why are you so concerned about the streaming box? It’s basically the same old DIRECTV, just delivered via the Internet. Where are you going now?
Last i knew there was no Broadcast Standard for Dolby Vision so you will never see it on a 4K channel before then.. Has nothing to do with there being a 4K Feed... Hence why everyone is using HLG HDR

Reactions: CycloneSat

Went to YouTube TV. Was hoping DirecTV would launch an Android TV box that would also allow apps. I want a one box solution. Thought my DirecTV ready LG OLED WebOS would be the ticket but i was met with deaf ears when I called to see about turning it on. YTTV does locals, FireTV, Netflix, Hulu, and 50 others, plus 9-month free DVR, and and an integrated guide. No complaints at $50/mo plus I can watch it everywhere, sticks, boxes, WebOS, web, phones, and tablets. It is consistent across devices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)