Don't Believe NPS about C band support ending.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As far as I know NPS does not have exclusive rights to any channels they uplink. DVB receivers are the place for news. Between C & Ku band there are plenty of 24 hr news channels. You also get all kind of news feeds and it cost's nothing but a receiver. You can get over having those cable only channels. I have with quite a few and found new ones other places to replace them. You have the big dish that is the the ticket, all you need is a replacement FTA DVB receiver and your good to go. A good place for 24 hour news channels is on 97 west ku and 127 west c band. Since your 9200 died. You can pick up a used SD receiver for next to nothing, the market is flooded with them now. Some Sat Guy members are giving them away.

Last edited:
As far as I know NPS does not have exclusive rights to any channels they uplink. DVB receivers are the place for news. Between C & Ku band there are plenty of 24 hr news channels. You also get all kind of news feeds and it cost's nothing but a receiver. You can get over having those cable only channels. I have with quite a few and found new ones other places to replace them. You have the big dish that is the the ticket, all you need is a replacement FTA DVB receiver and your good to go. A good place for 24 hour news channels is on 97 west ku and 127 west c band. Since your 9200 died. You can pick up a used SD receiver for next to nothing, the market is flooded with them now. Some Sat Guy members are giving them away.

I pulled an old 2500 out of the closet. And I have checked the news channels that are out there. I have ran across quite a few. The problem is I have been noticing that the world don't seem to know what is going on here in the states, or they are putting a twist to the stories. I can give an example. Have you been up on the explosion on the off shore oil rig? Well according to the world, it was hit by a tornado. Yea, right. Last I knew, waterspouts happen at sea, and they don't pack the punch to wipe out an oil rig! I noticed that info in the crawl at the bottom of the news on T-7 (G-23). Not sure if it was the French news channel or another one. I can say for sure it was not the Texas Cable News Channel. But that is just one example. I have been watching the news from all over for years. The only way to get close to the truth is to watch all the news and cross reference the info against each other. Loosing the American news channels will give an incomplete picture. As far as the exclusive rights for NPS goes, I am simply reading their last statement in their response to the AG that I posted. In that response they specificly said that others can uplink after they drop a channel. That along with the "We don't do g-3 channels" that I see at other providers tell me there is something amiss so others can't uplink. I am just guessing. Have a great day!

Another thing you can do if you want FOX news CNN and the like is get a subscription with Shaw out of Canada they carry those channels. But Davage is right lots of U.S. news on 72w ku I hear .

The problem is I have been noticing that the world don't seem to know what is going on here in the states, or they are putting a twist to the stories.

I think it is just as likely that the states don't seem to know what is going on in the rest of the world, or they are putting a twist on the stories.

I think it is just as likely that the states don't seem to know what is going on in the rest of the world, or they are putting a twist on the stories.

They all put a twist on the stories. That is why I prefer to get news from all over. One gets a chance to see others point of view. I stream alot. So I will just have to get my news that way if the news gets dropped ny NPS and nobody picks them up. Have a great day!

When it comes to news, I quite often will check 72 West Ku. The NBC Mux quite often has news programming on it.

SatelliteGuys.US - 72.0°W AMC 6 Ku

I have been on that bird before. I have come to the conclusion that PMSNBC is way too much of an opinion news. I can't handle the conspiracy talk, or the agenda and personel attacks on others. News channels should be more like Fox. The one thing they do is report weather you like it or not and let you decide in all their newscasts. Fox leaves the opinions in the opinion shows they offer. CNN is starting to get back to doing that. For awhile I thought they were a lost cause. That said, it is amazing what ratings will do. Have a great day!

I have been on that bird before. I have come to the conclusion that PMSNBC is way too much of an opinion news. I can't handle the conspiracy talk, or the agenda and personel attacks on others. News channels should be more like Fox. The one thing they do is report weather you like it or not and let you decide in all their newscasts. Fox leaves the opinions in the opinion shows they offer. CNN is starting to get back to doing that. For awhile I thought they were a lost cause. That said, it is amazing what ratings will do. Have a great day!
72w was merely a suggestion for news feeds. I watch MSNBC and CNN every day. They tell it like it is, and don't attack my President or make up stories and interviews that never happened. If news channels were more like FAUX, with their obviously slanted agenda, I'd be done watching news. :mad:

If I watch the news and mostly I don't (too depressing) I watch Russia Today, Press and Al Jazeera on 97 and sometimes Bloomberg. I don't sub to any of the cable news channels.

If you want to discuss news options why not start a thread. This is about NPS and it's C-band programming policy. Let's stay on topic please.

There seems to be some misinformation going on that Motorola will be ending c band support as of the end of the year. This is not true. NPS is getting out of selling c band subscriptions and lieing to convert people over to Dish Network.

I called NPS twice today and they told me these lie's and wanted me to convert. I called SRL and they told me this is not true. I then called Skyvision and had a nice conversation with Mike Kohl about this. Mike's exact words were "hogwash" NPS has made a deal with the devil and is trying to sell there remaining customers to Charlie.

Mike also said that he will be talking about this whole issue on Friday night on Access America. He went into other details but I'll let him tell everything this Friday.

The bottom line is if your not with SRL or Skyvision renew your subscriptions with them as soon as your subs with NPS run out. I will be doing this.

Do not bite on NPS's offers to transition you to dish network. They are pulling a Superstar, Netlink, Turnervision.
I had to change to Dish Network (at least for 2 years) because NPS dropped some of my G3 programming...and it's only offered on Dish Network or DirecTV. I know the quality may suffer...but hopefully in 2 years the dust will settle. I may go back to my big dish in the future.... Change is good...

For some reason, I got a recording telling me to call about refund from NPS, etc. They actually gave me the number to Motorola. I was told by Motorola, C Band is not going away and the NPS is scamming/scaring people away from C Band and towards Dish Network. It appears that NPS is just getting away from this part of their business and going more towards selling toasters and ipods (All American Direct, Sobongo)

But, what I really learned from Motorola is - NPS OWNS G3 totally - Who knew? No wonder I could never find out any information!

For some reason, I got a recording telling me to call about refund from NPS, etc. They actually gave me the number to Motorola. I was told by Motorola, C Band is not going away and the NPS is scamming/scaring people away from C Band and towards Dish Network. It appears that NPS is just getting away from this part of their business and going more towards selling toasters and ipods (All American Direct, Sobongo)

But, what I really learned from Motorola is - NPS OWNS G3 totally - Who knew? No wonder I could never find out any information!

NPS paid Crawford Communications to reuplink the channels on G3. NPS only owned the rights to sell there reuplinked product not the channels, anyone could uplink them. This was common knowledge.

NPS is the only one getting out of c band, SRL & Skyvision isn't. NPS is a bunch of jerks that sold there souls to Charlie for the lousy $50.00 finders fee they get per subscriber to convert to dish. The bad part is they are taking away numbers we do need to help keep things going. NPS is already getting screwed for what they did with Charlie being able to sell Distant networks again and cutting NPS out. They deserve all the wrath they can get for the lies and sneaky practices they have done. It's Superstar - Netlink - Turnervision all over again. Sobongo or whatever will not achieve what there CEO dreams to be the new amazon.com. That entity will backfire on them too since they play dirty pool.

I'm sorry you had to go with pizza, it will never be what c band is. There will be rain fade and over compression because thats the garbage they offer. I for one will not give pizza any greenstamps. I can get by on what I get on my bud, 4D, FTA and OTA.

Last edited:
In this month's Skyvision News email....

4DTV - Yes it is Still Available!
Contrary to a recent push by a program provider, 4DTV is still available. Although new receivers are hard to locate, Skyvision has a good supply of used DSR922's, DSR920's and even Sidecars. For more information contact a knowledgeable Product Representative at 800-500-9275. We also have a great variety of affordable programming packages and A-la-Carte channels available. For Programming call 800-500-9268.
The truth, as told by Skyvision, in my monthly email they send out. :D:up

I suppose as long as we continue to express our interest in purchasing 4DTV programming and the subscriber numbers do not fall lower than where they are now, the providers will turn a profit. Should it start to lose money we're in trouble.

6-9-10 I allowed my premium programming with NPS to expire last week, believing that NPS had leveled with me about the end of CBand premium programming. I now find SRL advertises that they will provide ala carte programming for the next year if I so subscribe. My question is, is premium CBand programming going to be around for another year and worth my subscribing with SRL?

6-9-10 I allowed my premium programming with NPS to expire last week, believing that NPS had leveled with me about the end of CBand premium programming. I now find SRL advertises that they will provide ala carte programming for the next year if I so subscribe. My question is, is premium CBand programming going to be around for another year and worth my subscribing with SRL?

First, I'm not sure what you consider as premium channels. Second, if your worried
then only go for a 3 or 6 month package at a time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts