Don't Believe NPS about C band support ending.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well getting back to the NPS crap. How many of you got a letter like I did just yesterday from NPS? In the letter they say outright in big bold letters that say.

"Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, C-band programming and services will no longer exist as of December 31, 2010 from any C-band provider."

I was under the impression that deception was against the law as a sales tactic. Can any lawyers shed any light on that? This crap has to stop! If I was one of the providers that plan to continue after the first of the year, I would sue for every dime I could get out of NPS for outright lying and damaging my business with those lies. But I am just a lowly person in the mean and cruel world. Mr. Mountford even has his stenciled signature on the letter. But like I said, outright lies to the consumer are a Bozo no no is the impression I was under. I thought businesses were shut down and fined for that crap. Anyways, the pic of the letter is here. It is not the greatest but should be able to be blown up for those that want to read for themselves. Have a great day!

NOTE: After uploading the picture, I see that it is crap. Hopefully the .zip will be better for viewing. If needed I will attempt a better photo.

Did NPS forget that Skyvision/SRL is offering the W5 channels to both the 4DTV and 410? They must have since they are saying No programming from anyone.

This is there last ditch ploy to suck the unsuspecting sucker over to Charlie's scam system and take their bounty. Dish network is having all kind of problems loosing access to HD channels and other BS, why would anyone want them? They have lost quite a few subscribers over to DirecTv lately. So there looking for a new crop of fools to fill this void.

God this crap has to stop!

Didn't I read in a thread on here not long ago that Mike was trying to get his hand in the W5 deal after the first of the year? I guess he got a big no from Comcast and Skyvision and is now pulling this, I do wish Skyvision and maybe Comcast would set him straight once and for all!
Terry

Didn't I read in a thread on here not long ago that Mike was trying to get his hand in the W5 deal after the first of the year? I guess he got a big no from Comcast and Skyvision and is now pulling this, I do wish Skyvision and maybe Comcast would set him straight once and for all!
Terry

NPS are sore loosers, every time Skyvision & SRL do something good for us NPS does something to try to ruin it. Evidently the word being out about the truth with the 4D and it surviving is cutting into NPS's bounty to transfer the unsuspecting public is not turning out as planned. NPS has turned into slime balls just like Dish network is. Thats because Mike Mountford took his lessons from Charlie Ergan. Someday the crap will hit the fan for both of them. The world will be a better place then.

Well if I sent letters out about how NPS was lying, how long would it be before their lawyers contacted me? I think that NPS with this latest deliberate deception should be reprimanded in some way by a consumer protection agency. Make them send letters out to all explaining how they lied. Also if a customer signed up to Dish because they believed the lies, then that customer should be allowed to rescind the contract with no penalties. NPS should then be fined so as to set an example to other business that deception will not be tolerated. See, I don't ask much. Only what is fair. Have a great day!

> Well if I sent letters out about how NPS was lying, how long would it be before their lawyers contacted me? I think that NPS with this latest deliberate deception should be reprimanded in some way by a consumer protection agency.

You hit the nail on the head. I have a better idea. Find a class action lawsuit attorney and go for a class. Even if we get a coupon for a buck it would be worth it to see them pay millions in attorney fees.

NPS LIE LETTER

I Just got the NPS lie's letter in the mail. I thought they were going to skip me. What a bunch of crap. Skyvision & SRL need to send out there own letter about the truth.

I still think SRL and Skyvision should consider sending a message via the 4D mailbox. It would be far cheaper than mailing and would end up on every receiver still receiving a DCII signal.

I'm betting many older folks are still using their 4DTVs and perhaps don't have email or internet. Perhaps relying on others to keep their systems running. If the alternatives aren't widely publicized, how else would they know? Their NPS bill or letter?

A communication just received on satellite forum

Form me;

PLEASE ask motorola to leave the satellite maps in the receivers when change takes place. The reason is receiver needs to be used as a dish mover.
If they do nuke the map it will be necessary to use an older receiver as a dish mover. That is the dark side if the 4DTV receiver lack of consumer control on adding channels. There has been some interest in a new version of 4play software to give consumer control. I hope it happens.

From stan3006

I don't think they will destroy the maps, but if your 4DTV receiver loses the maps, they won't be able to restore them in my opinion since the authorization center won't be operating.
fill.gif

I did ask the Motorola ACC engineer and he said the maps should remain in customer's 4DTV's memories after 12-31, but if they are lost, they might not be able to be restored by the HITS SAC except for the W5 channels, but he will look into the possibility of making it so the HITS SAC could restore the maps for the other sats. or not. It looks like it will be an interesting New Years Day when HITS takes over operating of the 4DTV maps from Motorola. He does not know what the future will be for the free feeds after Motorola ACC shuts down. As I understand SRL's postings, all of the W5 mapping will need to be erased after 12-31-10 and then changed and remapped by HITS to get the W5 channels turned back on again.:confused:

In regards to using the 4dtv mailbox system,

Doesn't anyone besides me find it odd that Motorola didn't notify 4dtv subscribers via their built in mailbox system that they had no plans to shut down the ACC as long as numbers stayed up?

I don't suspect Motorola to send one on the W5 thing either. Maybe they will be "nice" enough to let us get generics in the maps via W5 on these old outdated ird's. If they don't I hope they realize the possible consequences if people get to dickering around inside the hardware...

Did they ever use that mail system for anything? You would think now would be the time! The message would read "Dear 4dtv user, we quit"

"Dear 4dtv user, we quit" Yeah and maybe they could add,

"We, the almighty M have sucked the life out of consumer c-band, now piss off"

I had an email after I did a factory reset a few months ago. Something about wanting to sell me a new 4dtv for around $800. Oh, the offer expired back in 2001. What a load!

BTW- I remember getting messages all the time back in the old analog days on my Toshiba TRX1520, and they were all current. Like I've said before, Motorola didn't have any interest in us tvro'ers, they just inherited this part of the biz to get the cable box part they wanted. They didn't want to kill it early on as that would have most likely led to an expensive class action lawsuit.

Planned obsolescence.

Last edited:
PLEASE ask motorola to leave the satellite maps in the receivers when change takes place.
Motorola is not,(AFAIK), going to take the maps out of the receiver. Doing that would open them up to a liability claim.

What is going to happen is they, (Motorola), are no longer going to be uploading the channel mapping. Which means if you have to do a Master Reset your done! Only the list of Sats that is in the receiver when it was new out of the box will be in the memory, and that is not enough!

From stan3006

I did ask the Motorola ACC engineer and he said the maps should remain in customer's 4DTV's memories after 12-31, but if they are lost, they might not be able to be restored by the HITS SAC except for the W5 channels, but he will look into the possibility of making it so the HITS SAC could restore the maps for the other sats. or not. It looks like it will be an interesting New Years Day when HITS takes over operating of the 4DTV maps from Motorola. He does not know what the future will be for the free feeds after Motorola ACC shuts down. As I understand SRL's postings, all of the W5 mapping will need to be erased after 12-31-10 and then changed and remapped by HITS to get the W5 channels turned back on again.
Even the ACC engineer is saying the same thing I have been telling people since they said they are done on 12/31.
Motorola will not be spending the money to uplink the channel maps and that is strictly a financial business decision.

Motorola wanted control over this receiver and they kept it in their hands. Now these receivers are going to be worthless even as a dish mover in the future. maybe not at first but the first time a master reset is needed your done if your using the 4d as a dish mover.

For those just wanting programming from W5 then that is fine your ok, but not everyone wants to ruin their FTA dish moving receiver by using W5 to get some programming.

....For those just wanting programming from W5 then that is fine your ok, but not everyone wants to ruin their FTA dish moving receiver by using W5 to get some programming.

Wish I understood this comment.

Wish I understood this comment.
To receive programming on W5 after the first of the year you will need to do a master reset of your receiver so you can set it up to receive the information from Comcast and HITS, once you do a master reset you will loose the generic sats that are now in your 4Dtv,the only way to get those back in the receive is from the data stream from Motorola and that is what is going away after the first of the year, so if you want to receive programming from W5 you will not be able to use your receiver as a dish mover, or very limited, if you keep the generics you will not be able to receive programming from W5.
I hope this helps
Terry

Maybe that issue will be settled before the deadline. Still early on everything...
That's true, I guess it is possible that they could come out with a solution, but I am not holding my breath, not wanting to sound negative, but I just don't see how it could happen with Moto getting out, and I doubt that Comcast would want to take that on.
Terry

I made my decision. If they don't include the current satellite tiles with the generics to be reloaded with the AI satellite, I will not subscribe anymore. I think allot of people who use the 4dtv as the main part of there satellite system will think along those lines too. Im sure technically it can be done. WE will see if they will do it though. I'm not too concerned about cable style programming since I'm still married to DirecTv for 22 more months :( In all honesty Direct ain't that bad.

To receive programming on W5 after the first of the year you will need to do a master reset of your receiver so you can set it up to receive the information from Comcast and HITS, once you do a master reset you will loose the generic sats that are now in your 4Dtv,the only way to get those back in the receive is from the data stream from Motorola and that is what is going away after the first of the year, so if you want to receive programming from W5 you will not be able to use your receiver as a dish mover, or very limited, if you keep the generics you will not be able to receive programming from W5.
I hope this helps
Terry

That is it exactly!
At this point in time, unless Comcast takes over the channel
mappings once you take on the "HITS" datastream to receive programming those with a 920 or a 922 receiver will no longer have all the satellite icons in their receiver.
I had posted the satellite icons you will have in the receiver here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/221526-channel-mapping-w5-time.html

In some posts of the subject you would have read where even Comcast will have to do some changes since the W5 icon is not in the original channel maps on the receiver.

Do Not think that Comcast will keep the channel maps updated. There is no incentive for them to do this.

In English: Even if Comcast uploads the current channel mappings the Generic sats WILL NOT be updated beyond what they have in them now. So if a Frequency changes or a SR changes that particular program that was FTA will be gone! Take Bloomberg for instance, they changed their SR awhile ago and until someone at Motorola physically changes the mapping in the 4dtv receiver that program would not lock on the receiver.
After December 31 if HITS SAC takes over the channel maps they are not going to do any updating except on their own channels. They are not running a FTA system, nor do they care about all the other satellites up there.

This is just the facts. I am not saying the sky is falling but only what is about to happen. Everyone should be aware and prepare for it.

It is a good thing about being able to receive programming from W5 on the 920 & 922 receivers but not everyone that owns these receivers uses them just to purchase programming.

There are so many FTA signals out there, (not all in DCII), that making these receivers a large single satellite stationary dish just does not make economical sense for many of us.

As a side note: everyone needs to be aware that after December 31, if the programmers make a change in their SR, FEC, or freguency that even the generics as they are will not pick up and FTA signals in DCII. So if Showtime or HBO made some changes you still would not be able to view them.
This is all thanks for Motorola having complete control over these receivers.

> In all honesty Direct ain't that bad.

Have you been drinking?

3 months ago it was armageddon, now its no big deal. I mean no offence, just want to know why the change of tune off of a sudden.

I'm with IKKI on this... there must be some form of substance abuse going on!
Hopefully you don't need a 12 step program:D

But really thou, I feel bad for ya Tvro pro you got slammed into a 2 year with deviltv

there will be rate increases, other than the teaser rate expiring. thats how it works, they gottcha!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)