Don't Believe NPS about C band support ending.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G3 leaving won't hurt me much. I used to watch AMC but not much anymore. I mostly hang out on W5 and C3 on 4D. And where ever on DVB :)

I know it hurt's to loose services sometimes but it is what it is. You can get over it. Some won't be able to do without them and will buy pizza. I'll save my pizza jump ship money to buy pizza I can eat :D :D

I just called NPS again to verify.

they told me that motorola will no longer authorize CBand 4DTV , and that is all. we must switch to the 410 to continue rec'ing cband. g3 will be lost because nps has sole rights to cband programming.

i got that info after asking specific questions, but they did give it to me. the man i spoke with was paul, and unlike lisa, the did end up specifying that it was only 4dtv. this is across the board for all that sell cband programming.

If I was a network like Fox News for example, I would not be too happy to have a bunch of loyal viewers taken away from me because of a business decision. I would be giving the "exclusive rights" to another company so I could maximize my viewers. Not everyone can afford 50 to 100 bucks a month for TV. I wonder how many of the networks are aware of this crapola NPS is pulling? I am in the disability income arena and will be for the rest of my life. I have no choice in the matter. I also know that I am not alone in this great country of ours. I am on a first name basis with my senator in Indy. Maybe I should give Marlin a ring...... I want my news! End of story.

they told me that motorola will no longer authorize CBand 4DTV , and that is all. we must switch to the 410 to continue rec'ing cband.
WRONG. SRL & Skyvision will continue to authorize C-Band & 4DTV

g3 will be lost because nps has sole rights to cband programming.
true but not the sole right to C-Band. Just the sole right to those G3 channels

Thank You Ice :) We have to keep the info on Satguys right. It's NPS that is getting out of C band, no body else.

The Sky is Not Falling!

they told me that motorola will no longer authorize CBand 4DTV , and that is all. we must switch to the 410 to continue rec'ing cband. g3 will be lost because nps has sole rights to cband programming.

i got that info after asking specific questions, but they did give it to me. the man i spoke with was paul, and unlike lisa, the did end up specifying that it was only 4dtv. this is across the board for all that sell cband programming.

Same old question for you to think about is why in the world would Motorola only tell one company of their plan to end 4DTV when there is another company doing business with them of equal or larger size. Bottom line they wouldn't so now it sounds like NPS is not getting the feed back they hoped for and are changing there story hoping to minimize the damage that they had not seen coming. If you’ve noticed their respond to people calling in keeps changing and why in hell would Motorola just keep the 410 going and drop the 4DTV receivers when I’m sure there’s more 905,920 and 922 receivers in service, they wouldn’t and even NPS says they have 22,000+ clients and besides they don’t sell the 410 programming only SkyVision does. This is just another angle their tying to use to get people to switch to DN. The story from NPS has more holes in it than my Raydx dish and just seems to keep getting better every day almost as good as some of the info commercials that been on TV.

To Iceberg: "WRONG. SRL & Skyvision will continue to authorize C-Band & 4DTV"

I am in no way arguing. I think that you can tell from my original post about NPS that I am NOT a fan of theirs.

I want to know how you know this, because when i just went to Skyvision's website, they are selling refurbished 410 sets. why would they do that? those sets are older than the 4dtv.

What i meant about the 410 sales is that it is now very prominent. It didn't used to be that way.

Also, when you say that Skyvision and SRL will continue to authorize cband and 4dtv, do you know whether or not they will continue with the 4dtv after dec 31, 2010?

I want to know how you know this, because when i just went to Skyvision's website, they are selling refurbished 410 sets. why would they do that? those sets are older than the 4dtv.

The 410 allows you to subscribe to the programming on W5 (105W) and get a receiver for a lot cheaper than a 4DTV. The downside is you are only limited to 105W

If I was a network like Fox News for example, I would not be too happy to have a bunch of loyal viewers taken away from me because of a business decision. I would be giving the "exclusive rights" to another company so I could maximize my viewers. Not everyone can afford 50 to 100 bucks a month for TV. I wonder how many of the networks are aware of this crapola NPS is pulling? I am in the disability income arena and will be for the rest of my life. I have no choice in the matter. I also know that I am not alone in this great country of ours. I am on a first name basis with my senator in Indy. Maybe I should give Marlin a ring...... I want my news! End of story.

STONE:

There are a bunch of us that want to keep Fox news. Maybe a petition could be started in support of such. It would be some ammo for your senator to maybe pull some strings for us. Something to think about!

But once they let it go wont they loose the rights to those channels?

If so it would be possible for Skyvision/SRL to pick them up, if they do I hope they are not married to W3!
Terry

But once they let it go wont they loose the rights to those channels?
correct. The channels will disappear off G3 as NPS is paying for those to be reuplinked

If so it would be possible for Skyvision/SRL to pick them up, if they do I hope they are not married to W3!
Terry

They could but you have to realize NPS is paying to reuplink those through Crawford. So unless SRL or Skyvision decide to reuplink them you probably wont see them on 4DTV.

I think the only hope for getting Fox and maybe the other news channel would be if they were picked up by Comcast and added to the Hit's on W5 maybe as part of a package as they probably have the necessary equipment and funds to do it.

HITS has Fox News (As is Cartoon Network) on there 101 WEST Sat uplinks. My guess is its combo mode or megapipe.

4080 V
Digicipher 2
SR 29270
FEC 3/4

HITS would be in a much better position if modern consumer level set top boxes where available in the United States market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts