Don't run Check Switch during bad weather??

When You run a check switch what type of lnbf does it show on the 625 and the 211? The 625 should be DP plus. The 211 should show the same thing. Also when going thru the checkswitch it should start with checking 1 of 3. If it starts with 1 of 38 there is a open connection. Check all the connectors for water in the connector. Pull connector and look at the center conductor. It should look shiny, not black.

My suggestion, check all connections between 211 and the dish with the dual coax coming out (your terminology is correct) Start inside and work your way out. Check tightness first (finger). Be sure the copper core (conductor) is not corroded (this would be primarily an exterior issue if it exists), the white dielectric (white material surrounding the copper core) should be flush with the internal base of the f-connector (hope that made sense to you), look for any sharp crimps or bends in the portion of the cable that actually goes to the 211, and most simply, check for loose connections (f-connectors) anywhere along the path. If the 625 works, your problem can be the path to the 211, the port on the lnb that the 211's cable attaches to, or the 211. Having said all this, you may just want to switch the 211's cable to the 625's port on the lnb (or another port on the switch, although I would'nt think there would be one with only 3 orbitals in the equation...plus the way you described the dish/coax scenario). Anyway, if switching cable prts solves the 211 problem (run check switch after switching cables) you will see (probably) a 625 problem now. If thats the case,.......bad LNB.

All fixed!

The dish tech found a very loose cable end in the basement – sounds like the connector pulled right off.
He also replaced some old RG-59 cable that was still in use from years ago.

While he was there, he also replace an LNB (maybe more than one - not sure), but the impression my dad got was that the part had not completely failed, it was just a precaution - he said something like they’ve had a lot of them go bad lately.
The info about the LNB I'm getting second hand from my dad. My dad doesn't know what an LNB is, but from what I can tell that's what he was talking about.
The info about the connector in the basement and the RG59 came straight from the tech when i called earlier in the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)