Doper Giambi fails drug test

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
<TABLE class=yspcontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=974 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="" vAlign=top width=720>Report: Giambi failed amphetamines test

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="1"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=yspsctnhdln>Report: Giambi failed amphetamines test

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><STYLE type=text/css> td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }</STYLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yspwidearticlebody>May 23, 2007 <TABLE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ysptblbdr2><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo;_...7905914.yankees_giambi_baseball_ny150&prov=ap
<SMALL></SMALL>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>NEW YORK (AP) -- Jason Giambi failed an amphetamines test within the last year, the Daily News reported Wednesday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_y...vLYF?slug=ap-yankees-giambi&prov=ap&type=lgns

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Since he has failed a drug test, he should be BANNED and given no more pay, and actually pay a fine for this.

The timing of all of this reeks.

Yeah I agree, MLB probably has records of others failing but have withheld it due to losing fans and money the big stars bring in.
This is just my opinion and I have no facts to back this up.

Yeah I agree, MLB probably has records of others failing but have withheld it due to losing fans and money the big stars bring in.
This is just my opinion and I have no facts to back this up.

I agree...but baseball was SUPPOSE to withhold the names due to an agreement in the last contract with the players union. Which I am disappointed with the commissioner's office because that information is not suppose to leak out. But then again, ever since this steroids issue became a 3-headed monster...the owners have distanced themselves...though they sat around and ignored the whole issue because fans were coming back to the ball parks in groves....

I agree...but baseball was SUPPOSE to withhold the names due to an agreement in the last contract with the players union. Which I am disappointed with the commissioner's office because that information is not suppose to leak out. But then again, ever since this steroids issue became a 3-headed monster...the owners have distanced themselves...though they sat around and ignored the whole issue because fans were coming back to the ball parks in groves....

Weren't they supposed to suspend him?

I am now convinced that the Yankees leaked this ON PURPOSE. Look, lets face it, the Yankees are not happy with Giambi, we ALREADY know they want their money back and he has had an AWFUL last couple of years...plus its NO SECRET they have been shopping him around....this was leaked on purpose.

First time infraction results in more drug testing, second infraction earns a 25 game suspension. I'm also curious as to who leaked this. My money is on the Yankme's.

Beat ya to the punch! :D

I am now convinced that the Yankees leaked this ON PURPOSE. Look, lets face it, the Yankees are not happy with Giambi, we ALREADY know they want their money back and he has had an AWFUL last couple of years...plus its NO SECRET they have been shopping him around....this was leaked on purpose.

Amazing. The Yankees keep everything hidden while their white steriod ape is performing but let his production go down and now they have a leak to get rid of him while they go unpunished. This bologna will never end until an outside party controls drug testing etc in the MLB and the teams/unions and Commish have their hands tied because they have proven that they are just as dirty as the players who are cheating. . :rolleyes:

Beat ya to the punch! :D

I was agreeing with you Salsa, the only problem with our theory is that the leak greatly diminishes Giambi's value. Plus that "holy sh*t" contract of his makes him virtually untradable, unless the Yankme's are willing to eat a HUGE part of it. 20M a year is a ridiculous amount to swallow.

In groves? You mean they are playing baseball in orange groves now? ;) :D :D :D

remember who the commish is.

Mr. You're not my BUD Selig.

I would not put it past BUD.

Ever think it is kinda funny while they test for abuse drugs, and steroids, they do not test for HGH (Human Growth Hormone)

How do you think Barry "I never took steroids" Bonds can say it with a straight face?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)