downloading movies takes forever. why?

gutwrencher

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
After 12 years with Direct TV, my family moved to DISH on Saturday. I'm thinking I should have stayed at Direct, just to avoid the issues that I knew would plague me for weeks, maybe months. I have several issues with the Hopper and DISH service, but one at a time.

So I get 3 months of free Blockbuster. Great. So I go in and select a free movie for download and to my shock and frustration, the bar fills up 3 quarters of the way and stops. It now says "still processing request": and it has been over an hour. Why is it taking so long? How do I know it's even downloading? When they installed the Hopper on Saturday, they sold me a wireless router from Netgear (never had wireless before). I was given no instruction on how to understand wireless or what to look for or nothing. I see conflicting reports on how long it takes to download or stream a movie. One guy says a minute, another says 30 minutes....some say 6 hours. I have broadband....I have wireless.... how long do I have to wait and how do I know it's working at all?

also, I added another movie to the Q but then wanted to get rid of it (delete). Dish tells me I can't delete it or stop it until it downloads. Seriously?

Thanks!

What are your network speeds from speedtest.net, and how is the receiver connected to the internet?

The processing request part should not take that long, and you may need to reset the Hopper

Have you tried to reboot the Hopper? Also what other issues do you have? I jumped from DirecTV after being a long time customer, and I must say I am happy that I did.

Same here I left Direct and love it so far. I have Crime Warner for internet and I think it's 20/Down 5/Up. I have had no problem with on demand or Blockbuster. I'm using wifi on each Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)