DP 311 Freezes on Check switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bajarascal

Original poster
May 21, 2006
I have a DP 311, connected to a single LNB, so I can pick up 119 in Mexico. During initial setup, part of the process was to perform a check switch, then manually set it for my LNB. This system has been performing perfectly for 4 months.
My system is a legal subscription, which is paid for, not pirated.
One day, after a power outage, I no longer had any connection to the satelite. An inline signal strength meter showed good strength. When performing a check switch, I get no information where you would normally see the progress, just a small, blank, white square. After approx. 2 minutes, the box turns off, then back on.
Somewhere on the internet I found a post with similar symptoms, stating that there is a glitch with the newest software causing this issue, and recommending a hard reboot and force a re-download of all software. I can not find information about performing a hard reboot for the 311 box.
I have taken my box to a friends home with an identical setup, and my box does not function there either, while his will safely perform a check switch.

Any suggestions regarding a reboot or other solution for this issue would be appreciated.

Thank You, bajarascal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)