dp 34 and seperator

ecarl4100

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Tennessee
Can I use a seperator with my dp34 switch to a dual tuner reciever. I'm starting to rewire on my house remodelling, and will have a dp 34 with 110, 110 and 129 inputs. Just want to run one in wall rg-6 to room, the use a seperator instead of two runs from the dp34 into the room.

Basically, I'm gutting the system (and house) and rewireing during remodel. If a dp34 is not the best, please any suggestions are much appreciated. I'm in the beginning stages and want to do it right. Thanks

well were remodeling our house as well but for both sat companies i have dish and my uncle has direct were putting both dishes on the garage on two non-pen's from the garage were running 12 cables into a panel mounted in a closet from there each room will be feed with 4 cable per bed room wall jack -2 cables per bath and laundry room and kitchen which were assuming will be enough for current needs and for a few years to come,in addition were installing 3 cameras which will be viewed on a modulated channel-since i have a dvr'sand UHF remotes were going to be able to redirect pictures to multiple rooms,his system will be upgraded to the new DTV dish for HD for the HD-DVR and two regular tivo receivers- in addition each room will have a phone line for the boxes and a network cable for the internet

cali_installer said:
well were remodeling our house as well but for both sat companies i have dish and my uncle has direct were putting both dishes on the garage on two non-pen's from the garage were running 12 cables into a panel mounted in a closet from there each room will be feed with 4 cable per bed room wall jack -2 cables per bath and laundry room and kitchen which were assuming will be enough for current needs and for a few years to come,in addition were installing 3 cameras which will be viewed on a modulated channel-since i have a dvr'sand UHF remotes were going to be able to redirect pictures to multiple rooms,his system will be upgraded to the new DTV dish for HD for the HD-DVR and two regular tivo receivers- in addition each room will have a phone line for the boxes and a network cable for the internet

Is there a question or comment to help ecarl in all this mess?

as was already answered, NO, a Seperator only works with DPP44 switch and DPP twin... they will not work with DP34

Personally, on any house I wire, the bare minimum I do is two RG6 to the main tv locations (living room, family room, theater room, ect), three RG6 to the office if there is one (just in case satellite internet, or cable internet is ever installed), and one RG6 to all other rooms (bedrooms, kitchen, bath, ect). Phone lines to all rooms is also recommended. You can do more, but for the most part I'd say you could work out something no matter what receiver combinations you end up using in the future...
Also, it is nice to run all cables to a central location (closet, basement, ect...)
Also, I would run a minimum of 4 RG6 from the "central location" to the dish location (5 RG6 would be better) that way no matter what Dish Network does, you should be covered on satellite feeds, and its nice to have an extra just in case you ever want to put up an OTA for HD...

Those are just my recommendations for the minimum wiring on a new house...

I agree with birddoggy, a minimum of two RG-6 wires per room at the tv location if not three. One can add diplexors later if you cannot get another wire in there later on. I am going to put two to three at each tv location along with a phone wire.

Has anyone tried those boxes/covers (belden might make then, maybe leviton??) that have modular pop in sections that can hold rg-6, phone, or speaker plugs? I think they hold up to 8 "modules" (I think they are called)

thanks.

ecarl4100 said:
Has anyone tried those boxes/covers (belden might make then, maybe leviton??) that have modular pop in sections that can hold rg-6, phone, or speaker plugs? I think they hold up to 8 "modules" (I think they are called)

thanks.

Those are good for geeks, but they are a pain in the ass to troubleshoot, and most especially if someone puts one where it is difficult to get at. If you put more than one wire in a box, you better mark it. I'd charge extra to have to tone out all those lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts