DP AR Pro

mperdue

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
McCordsville, Indiana
I've been playing around with Dish Pointer AR Pro on my iPad 2 today. The app is written for the iPhone so it doesn't take advantage of the full resolution of the iPad but it works well. I wish I'd have had something like this to help me set-up my E* Dishes years ago when I first got them. The attached photo shows why I don't have E* anymore. If you make your living installing satellite systems this app could be a big help to you.

Mario

Attachments

• DP AR Pro.jpg
    DP AR Pro.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 293
Many thanks! Can't wait till I get my iPad2. HD version will be released shortly.

I didn't think the Wi-Fi only iPad had GPS. As my Father-in-Law would say, "how do it know?" As long as you have a known Wi-Fi location you should be okay. Otherwise, an installer should go with the 3G version of the iPad 2.

I didn't think the Wi-Fi only iPad had GPS. As my Father-in-Law would say, "how do it know?" As long as you have a known Wi-Fi location you should be okay. Otherwise, an installer should go with the 3G version of the iPad 2.
Certainly a GPS adds to the convenience of finding an accurate location but the program also allows you to add you position manually. In any case I think that WiFi location is more than accurate enough for the purpose.

True. Even plugging in the Latitude & Longitude to a single decimal should be "close enough for government work." Maybe a suggested enhancement to the App would be to add support for locating by Zip Code.

I have the DishPointer for my iPhone 4 and when I was at our family cabin looking for a clear shot through all the trees, I was without Wi-Fi, 3G, or even Edge. GPS was all i had.

I downloaded this app yesterday and it acted like it would not work without an internet connection. Any suggestions? Am I missing something? Or is there another free app that I can use? I saw a thread a while back somewhere that had several free apps similar to dishpointer. I actually bought dishpointer but its on a cell phone that is messed up and may transfer that to my new phone if I can contact the right person at dishpointer to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)