DPH42 Switch with HWS System

No issues at all installed it and it was just like using the Hybrid LNB.

It was hard to test it when it worked perfectly as I couldn’t report any troubles with it... it just worked.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
Very odd. I "liked" first post. I see 2 names and "3 more" but I'm not listed in the five. But if I hit LIKE again, it offers only UNLIKE.

So, Charlesrshell, do you see a LIKE from me or no?

Here's my complete cabling system. Excuse me for not mounting on a board.

View attachment 126668

Thanks. Not as complex as yours, but I like it. :)

That type of compression connector is no longer approved for DISH installations. :biggrin

Seriously. Those blue ends aren't allowed anymore.

Yep. I carefully put the 3GHz blacks on my run, connected to a wall Plate of unknown provenance, and connected to HWS #2 with a coax with two blues- and Lo! and Behold! It worked!

I now have almost 50 blacks, won't use my blues again save for OTA.

Yep. I carefully put the 3GHz blacks on my run, connected to a wall Plate of unknown provenance, and connected to HWS #2 with a coax with two blues- and Lo! and Behold! It worked!

I now have almost 50 blacks, won't use my blues again save for OTA.
What is the name of the blue connectors?

What's why I'm on SatelliteGuys, to learn new things. So, the 3 GHz compression fittings are black, so what can I do with my bag of blue fittings? I made up many Dish RG6 cables with these and they're still in service. (BTW, I don't think the electrons care what color the plastic is...;))

I have a Home LAN board that strives to be as nice as the one charlesrshell has for his Dish. I have a piece of 3/4" plywood that might be going up for the TV & Satellite, but with the Dish Hopper 3 and me having the EA Dish 1000, it's isn't as complicated as when we had to gang multiple satellites together to get HD. Seems silly for me to put up a piece of wood for a single node.

I sent an email to my favorite DIRT member requesting a two H3 upgrade. I don't think he works again till Tuesday. All I can do is try.

I sent a message to a DIRT member on Tuesday and the response was the restriction on two Hoppers still exists. In addition, the DPH42 has not yet been officially released.

What's why I'm on SatelliteGuys, to learn new things. So, the 3 GHz compression fittings are black, so what can I do with my bag of blue fittings? I made up many Dish RG6 cables with these and they're still in service. (BTW, I don't think the electrons care what color the plastic is...;))

I have a Home LAN board that strives to be as nice as the one charlesrshell has for his Dish. I have a piece of 3/4" plywood that might be going up for the TV & Satellite, but with the Dish Hopper 3 and me having the EA Dish 1000, it's isn't as complicated as when we had to gang multiple satellites together to get HD. Seems silly for me to put up a piece of wood for a single node.
I am sure your blue fittings are just fine. The approved DISH parts list fluctuates time to time. Sometimes I think it is the product company that does the most lobbying to DISH that gets their products on the approved parts list. Just my opinion.

Yes it has been released. www.dishdepot.com/ is selling them.
But then again there may be a difference between released and officially released. I had a Dish Tec here recently to fix my dish mount and he never heard of the 42 switch until he got here, it was pretty funny[at least to me anyway] so that should say something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)